• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Girl in the Artwork Zelda Herself??

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Okay, so I was suddenly struck with a thought. Everyone thinks that the girl in the artwork is the Master Sword, the Fairy Queen, or some unrelated girl named Adelle (or something along those lines). However, it hit me suddenly. Why does everyone think that Zelda and Link have to be around the same age and height? Link looks like a young adult, while the girl looks more like a child. Could it be that Nintendo is going to pull and Sheik or a Tetra again and reveal that the girl is actually Zelda in disguise? The fact that we're not expecting it because she's so comparatively small would be a pretty big twist.

O

OmarScofield

Interesting point! We may never know the real reason behind all this but all I can say is I hope they don't pull any classic characters out :(

As for the artwork, I have heard from many sources that this will be the new "main attack" weapon or could possibly be Links guide link Navi or Teal from previous Zelda games we may never know until hopefully E3 reveals something about this very soon. Master Sword, Links guides, a weapon of sort???
All these have been rumored to be the possible usage of the "fairy"

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Hmm, interesting idea, it would certainly be a curious plot twist, but I rather doubt it.

First off, since Nintendo's done a Zelda alter ego as a significant character in two games already, and since Zelda Wii is supposed to be really innovative with all sorts of new features and the like, I don't think the chances are very high of them reusing such a plot twist again as it might come off as stale. Not to say it couldn't work, just saying I don't know if they would go that route again.

Also, it seems that Adelle, or whatever her name will eventually be, is very likely going to be Link's partner in the game. If that is the case, the chances of them putting Zelda in any form as Link's partner again so soon after ST is really low. Like I said, it would likely come off as stale in a game of innovation. But that's just my personal opinion.

As for Link and Zelda being always approximately the same age and height, that's just sort of an established trend that seems rather ingrained as one of the unchangeable aspects of the formula, to me anyways. They're just tied together by destiny or something like that I guess *shrug* But I digress. Adelle turning out to be Zelda is certainly an interesting idea, but not one I personally expect is likely.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
It's possible... that is, if it's a new form. Nintendo likes to do the whole "I'm actually Princess Zelda/The Princess/Important Character!" with Zelda, so it's not like it'd be unusual for Adelle (if that truly is her name) to be a character in disguise.

But... I don't think it's likely that it's Zelda. Nintendo makes sure their designs match the characters' personalities. Sheik was a mysterious and wise character, and the design matched both of the princess' forms' personalities. Ezlo was as noisy as a parrot in a petshot, and his design reflected that. Not only was Midna an imp in physical form, but her personality was impish. This figure seems too ethereal to be Princess Zelda. Zelda is a regal character with qualities of wisdom and kindheartedness... though she is nobility, she still feels human. Maybe it's just me, but the design of this character feels like something that is beyond a human... something more mystical.

But that's what I think, and it's simply an opinion. I'm not saying it can't be Zelda, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like it would be.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Funny you should mention this, just the other day I was wondering what Zelda's design will be like and what role she will play.... XD

On a side note, Adelle and Adlez are rather similar (the latter being Zelda backwards). Also, Adelle means "Noble", so there could be some truth in it.

However, I agree with Zeruda... she seems a little too ethreal and spirit like to be Zelda (though that's poor wording considering ST XD), and she doesn't immediately strike you as Princess Zeldaish, though that could just be to throw you off... I don't know, they already did this kind of thing with Spirit Tracks, I couldn't really see them doing the same/similar thing twice in a row (though you never know). I kind of like the idea though.... and gah, E3 can't come soon enough.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have a feeling the girl in the artwork is from somewhere beyond Hyrule, maybe a diiferent realm? and has nothing to do with Zelda, althoughit would be quite a plot twist to see how Zelda ended up looking like that but again I don't see it being a possibility. She appears to be almost otherworldly and it her origin will probably be a highlight of the games plot. If I were to take a stab at where she might be from, I would say... she is from the sacred realm, or some other planet/dimension, like midna was from the twilight realm, that sort of thing. she could be from the chamber of sages. or any other special places in the series. She could be the (WW) fairy queens ambassador or a messenger of the light spirits. I have no clue... but those were some pretty good guesses even if they are all worng...

Most likely she is from an entirly new race that exists outside of the normal boundaries of Hyrule Kingdom. The farther away the more plausible it would be, since we have never seen anything like her in the history of Zelda.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
That is an excellent point to how everyone is viewing the mysterious girl. Any thoughts and predictions at this point, can take us anywhere. Nintendo is definitely keeping us on our toes, and giving us the longing for more information. Since not much information has been released, not much is determined on the girl. You are right though, it could be a Tetra-Sheik bring-back. I would be very surprised and shocked if this what were to happen. That was a good thought. I really like that. I think we all should keep this in mind, at this point. Good brain-storming there! ;) *claps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom