• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

M

MajoraRuiz

Ghirahim's Master Theory

Well, my theory consists that Ghirahim is trying to revive his master, whether it's the whale or not that's another story. I believe that Ganondorf is going to appear is SS, but not as his master or anything like it, in fact I believe it's going to appear as an apprentice or as Ghirahim's minion. I think that Nintendo either created an entirely new villain or brought back one of the old ones, like Majora or Vaati.

I think it should be clear that the "Whale" and the "Giant Worm with sharp teeth" (or Imprissoned) are two different beasts.
Ghirahim said that a "servant of the goddess snatched Zelda away".

This servant could be:
- Phi
- one of the dragons
- a creature that really looks like that whale (and will perhaps become the Jabu Jabu from OOT)
- the Sheikah girl that is seen to be around Zelda in some of the trailers and pictures

I also think that there should be a clear distinction between Hyrule, Termina and New Hyrule.
Termina: Majora
New Hyrule: Maladus
Hyrule: Ganondorf, Vaati.

Perhaps Vaati will be in SS, but since Vaati has somehing to so with Picori's, windmages and other things that aren't in SS, there will probably be no Vaati.
(Perhaps a connection between a handheld and a console Zeldagame is not something that will happen)
Ganondorf has been confirmed to not be in SS and at the same time SS will "explain why Ganondorf shows up in OOT", so that seems like an interesting paradox.

Conclusion: There is a small probability that either Ganondorf or Vaati will show up in SS and the chance that either Majora or Maladus will show up is almost zero, since they have nothing to do with Hyrule.

SO, there will probably a new antagonist.

(everything from now on is speculation based on the trailers and confirmed Nintendo information)

What we know is that Ghirahim is trying to resurrect his master.
It is amost a law in any game, movie or series that evil will become at its maxed power before it will be defeated, so that means Ghirahim will succeed at resurrecting his master, before they will be defeated.

Link dreams about the giant worm with sharp teeth and Nintendo confirmed that this beast is known as "The Imprissoned", and is goofing around in the Sealed Grounds.

The name "The Imprissoned" means that this being is imprissoned.
This could mean two things:
A- He is imprissoned in his own body, because he looks like a potentially dangerous monster, but has a weird appearance (no arms, no eyes; so he seems incomplete, which keeps him from being truly dangerous).
B- He is imprissoned in this area in which link is seen to be around him in one trailer (this area is assumably the Sealed Grounds). He cannot walk around in the overworld freely, because he is stuck there.

C- both A and B are true.

We can't say up to this point whether A, B or C is true.

Anyway, this "The Imprissoned"-beast is alive and actually physically present.
When Ghirahim is talking about his master, he is saying that he wants to "resurrect" him.
This could seem strange if he would be talking about "The Imprissoned", since this beast is actually alive.
If he would be talking about "The Imprissoned", words like "heal", "repair", "complete", "free", etc. would be more fitting for the situation "The Imprissoned" is in.

English is not my main language, but the word 'resurrect' sounds like, 'recreating something that is not there now, but was there in the past'.
But this "The Imprissoned"-beast, is not something that isn't there, so the word 'resurrect' seems weird when referring to "The Imprissoned".

Or am I misinterpreting the word 'resurrect'?

Last edited:
To Steve: no you are not misinterpreting at all, in fact, I like that you said that. I'm not sure if Ghirahim said revive or resurrect but if it was resurrect then yes, that would show that The Imprisoned is not the master seeing as how resurrect is used solely on the condition of being dead or destroyed. If he said revive... well I can see it being loosely associated, and by a stretch at that, with returning The Imprisoned to "his full form" if it is his master of course.

Steve had some very good points, but it should be noted that we have never seen Ghirahim himself say he wants to ressurect his master. We only know from several impressions. So maybe Ghirahim's word choice is actually slightly different, making a release of The Imprisoned more possible.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Steve had some very good points, but it should be noted that we have never seen Ghirahim himself say he wants to ressurect his master. We only know from several impressions. So maybe Ghirahim's word choice is actually slightly different, making a release of The Imprisoned more possible.

I think GI said he says it when he appears in the Earth Temple.

Could be..
I don't remember the exact source but I believe it was a magazine a few weeks ago that confirmed that Ghirahim is seeking to resurrect his master. The used the word 'resurrect' in that magazine.

Thats what I'm saying. Maybe Ghirahim said it a little differently, but the players assumed that he meant "resurrect" so thats what they told us. They might not have realized how deliberate Ghirahim's word choice actually was.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Good observation, Ghirahim could be being very specific with his words. On the other hand, translation could be playing around with words, I'm not sure.

The magazine you're referring to, Nintendo Power, did use 'resurrect', but they didn't mention where he said it. I'm not sure if G4 said where either.

If the video could be seen than we can know for sure what he said. I still stick with the fact that resurrect means specifically from a dead or destroyed state, while revive can have a myriad of different meanings and uses.

Byrne

Waterloo
HEY..... Wait a minute.........
I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said that the imprisoned was Ghirahim's master, but you all doubted me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Hey guys! I believe it's been confirmed that the Imprisoned is the vain and dramatic Ghirahim's Master. Check out This Thread, to see for yourself. (2nd video at the bottom of the page)

Although it doesn't show the awakening of Demise, it hints at the whole senario. Also, you can't get a grasp of the whole 3rd fight untill you've watched This Video.

Be sure to comment on both Threads, 'cause feedback is needed, and a discusion would also be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom