• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

I'd just like to point out a few more quotes...

Midna speaking of her ancient people :
"What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred
Realm?
They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and
driven into another realm by the goddesses."

Sages speaking of Ganondorf :
"He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hopes of
establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm.
He was known as a demon thief, an evil-magic wielder renowned for his
ruthlessness...
But he was blind...
In all of his fury and might, he was blind to any danger, and thus was exposed,
subdued, and brought to justice."

Gerudo = Twili.

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
The banishment of the Twili took place during the "Prolonged Wars" referenced by TP
These wars took place soon after knowledge of the SR became known
OoT takes place awhile after this knowledge is known (seeing as how people know that the ToT connects there)
OoT likely references this war as the "Fierce War"
Therefore the Gerudo couldn't have been banished as the Twili, they are still around during OoT.

...But before seeking it, you must
now bear witness to something...
and never forget it.
You must know that it was the will
of the goddesses that we lock away
the forbidden power...
When all was chaos, the goddesses
descended and gave order and life
to the world.
They granted power equally to all
who dwelt in the light, and then
returned to the heavens.
The lands where the goddesses
descended came to be known as
the Sacred Realm.
For ages, the people lived at ease,
content in mind and body...
But soon, word of the Sacred Realm
spread through Hyrule, and a great
battle ensued...
Among those living in the light,
interlopers who excelled at magic
appeared.
Wielding powerful sorcery, they
tried to establish dominion over
the Sacred Realm.
It was then that the goddesses
ordered us three light spirits to
intervene.
We sealed away the great magic
those individuals had mastered.
You know this magic...
It is the dark power you seek...
the Fused Shadow.

Last edited:
Ok, but according to 'A Link to the Past', Ganondorf actually got his hands on the Triforce in the very early ages. Below are quotes from the Imprisoning War.

"Suspecting that Ganon’s power was based on the Triforce’s magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce."

"This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil’s bane, or the Master Sword. It was so powerful that only one who was pure of heart and strong of body could wield it."

That states Ganondorf obtained the Triforce before the Master Sword was even forged.

"As the Seven Wise Men searched for a valiant person to take up the Master Sword, Ganon’s evil army swarmed from the tainted Golden Land into Hyrule and attacked the castle. The wise men and the Knights of Hyrule combined forces to wage war on this evil horde."

and...

"They say that Gerudos worship Ganondorf almost like a god."

-Gossip Stone
Ocarina of Time - This reminds me a certain Twili named Zant.

"Suspecting that Ganon’s power was based on the Triforce’s magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce."

"This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil’s bane, or the Master Sword. It was so powerful that only one who was pure of heart and strong of body could wield it."
That sounds like a major plot hole on Nintendo's part. It's basically saying they knew about Ganondorf so they made the Master Sword...but Ganondorf wasn't around for them to know about him.

...Made sense in my head...not sure if I worded it properly.

Last edited:

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
NoA misstranlation, the correctly translated version reads something like

"However, it could not be assumed that only a good person would get their hands on the Triforce.For that reason, the people of Hyrule were told by the gods to make something that would repulse any evil that may kidnap the Triforce: the blade of evil's bane.It was called the Master Sword, and it is said that only a true hero could use it."

As you can see, no mention of Ganon

the '92 alttp manual can't be trusted, NoA took many liberties with the translation

I suppose since each Zelda game does have its regional differences. But as of now, all I have are theories, thats atleast until the next Zelda releases.

Nice collection of resources there, Im hoping to have a quite larger collection soon myself for ZC. Trust me, Im always reading and re-reading past articles, interviews, etc to find any extra facts that can connect theories. Like recently, I was reading on a few quotes and articles almost saying this...

Ocarina of Time > Majoras Mask > Twilight Princess > A Link to the Past > Links Awakening > The Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass > The Legend of Zelda > The Adventure of Link...and Im still clueless on the Oracles. Yep, no split whatssoever. I dont fully believe this, although I do believe ALttP is after TP and is set in the same Hyrule.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I found a little tidbit on Telma as I was writing a character guide for Twilight Princess.

Telma seems to greatly resemble many of the Gerudo from previous games based on the color of her skin and other physical attributes. To a much lesser extent, Renado also has this type of physical attributes. (Although since Renado is a male, it's hard to believe that he could possibly be a Gerudo).

Perhaps portions of the Gerudo race simply integrated with the Hylian race of castle town. Which could explain why there are no Gerudo's in Twilight Princess (at least from their classic form).

Mases, we already went over this in an earlier discussion here and I believe we came to the conclusion that she is hylian.

G

Ganondorf11365

There's a lot still to be discovered about the Gerudo.Most of it is pretty weird.But maybe some answers will be revealed in upcoming Zelda Games?

D

DarkLink

When it comes to the reproducing part, it's probable that they do that with Hylian men. What do you think they were gonna do with those carpenters? Hmm. ;)

The carpenters wanted to join their band of thieves, but got imprisoned instead. As for reproducing plenty of hints are found in game. One for instance is Twinrova which is said to be Ganondorfs mother. Another is from the gossip stone that mentions Gerudo women sometimes come to the village to look for men.

T

Twilight warrior

The carpenters wanted to join their band of thieves, but got imprisoned instead. As for reproducing plenty of hints are found in game. One for instance is Twinrova which is said to be Ganondorfs mother. Another is from the gossip stone that mentions Gerudo women sometimes come to the village to look for men.
Actually one of the guys in the castle town on OoT say that the Gerudos come to look for men. And I don't remember a gossip stone saying that. But I did think that Zauz did kinda look like Ganondorf but he also said that his tribe served the Ocean King so I don't think that Zauz has any relation with the Gerudos becuase the Gerudos (except in Four Swords Adventures) Have pretty much been kinda evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom