• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo Fortress and Forsaken Fortress Connected?

Mods feel free to move this to where you feel it should be. I searched for similar threads and found nothing. I also searched the internet and found that a Zelda Universe Forum member posted something similar and Zeldapedia claims this to possibly be true.

If you may all remember the Gerudo Fortress and Forsaken Fortress from OoT and WW. I believe they are somehow connected. If you look in the map the are both in the general upper-right corner of the map. Now, for the theory. Sometime before the great flood the Gerudo expanded upon their fortress, making it reach heights that rival Death Mountain itself. Then the Gerudo mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again. (Except Ganondorf, of course.) The great flood then happens. Pirates spot the part of the fortress above sea level and claim it for their own. Ganondorf then returns and kills or drives the pirates away from the fortress to make it his base. That ends my theory. What are your thoughts?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I think that the idea of the Gerudo expanding on their fortress makes perfect sense... but, I don't see why they would have to disappear. It would make much more sense in my opinion if they simply got mostly killed off during the great flood, and then, without a way to reach any other cities and with only females, they died off. Then pirates could take over and then Ganondorf runs them off like it says. I do think it makes sense though. Good theory.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
*Ah, but what about Gerudo's taking husbands? A gossip stone or two mentions the gerudo going to Castle Town to steal a boyfriend. Who says they can't do the same on the Great Sea? We already know they can make/use boats because of Majora's Mask (well, kinda.)

As for the theory, it is interesting. Making a fort tall enough to crest the waves seems kinda extreme, though. Maybe it's the tip of some mountain? Although that raises an even more interesting question; how can these islands exist? Are they just floating there or is the Great Sea actually bigger than Hyrule? I think a good number of Islands (forsaken fortress included) have to be the tips of some kinda mountain range. This mountain range would explain why no country has invaded Hyrule. I'm getting off-point...

I'm gonna guess it was a meeting place (for the Gerudo.) The gerudo, after the flood, probably couldn't support a whole race. Some Gerudos leave for good, others come back to scheme with their fellow gerudos. They could be the source of pirate culture, which is why Tetra thinks it's important enough to note. But it seems that whoever was living there (before it got taken over) were pretty lousy, so at that point it seems Gerudo culture has pretty much dissolved.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think this is a pretty good theory. Makes sense that the Gerudo's died off or even just moved on when the Great Flood happened, leaving their fortress behind, which before that they'd expanded- maybe because Link was able to basically beat it or just because of population growth or whatever.

i think that the forsaken fortress might be connected to the gerudo pirates fortress in mm, makes more sense in my opinion

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Well, it seems unlikely that the gerudo simply died off, I believe it is a safer bet to assume that they bred with regular people and that their blood was no longer Gerudo 100%, I believe this is the origin of people like Jolene and her descendant in ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom