• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GenGAME: Third Parties Don't Know How to Use Wii U

A lot of the reactions I've been getting from other sources (i.e. places I've submitted this article to for promotional purposes) have been adamantly in defense of third-parties, as if I somehow don't know what I'm talking about and am just spreading hate for something I don't really understand. That's not the case at all: I've played a number of the games I've talked about, and I just wasn't that impressed with the way they used the Wii U GamePad.

The big example is Arkham City's inventory management. In Ocarina of Time 3D, the "tap and swap" inventory management worked really well and was really fast. The "drag and drop" system in Batman is a lot less satisfying, a lot slower, and occasionally didn't feel as though it registered the way it should have. This isn't just me being skeptical; this is me actually having played the game, and walking away disappointed.

That said, I don't think the third-party lineup will be bad by any means - I'm just worried that Wii U's third-party games may not be accepted by the wide majority of people in their current form. And sure, there's always the option to use the Pro Controller, but if someone wanted a traditional controller, they'd play these games on Xbox/PlayStation instead of buying a Wii U...right?

Oh but it's true. :lol: Just look at the poor wii. I hope something happens for the wii U :lol:
I'll get Atticus the tornado chaser on the case. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom