• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gear?

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110928071905000.jpg

The 1-button says "Gear"...
What do you guys think? Does this mean we'll be getting different tunics, boots and stuff?

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I don't know if we'll be getting different tunics (I haven't noticed any other ones, but if I'm wrong, please let me know). Boots I do think are very likely, however. It may be an inventory selection, as well. It doesn't look like there's a separate menu for that on the Wiimote selection.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
"Gear" could be any of his items, as well as boots, tunics, and such. It'll probably be where he stores all his stuff.

Also you may notice in the picture Link is drawing his sword inside a house. Finally! This definitely allows for more interaction since you aren't restricted to picking stuff up indoors. No telling what else you can do...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
^Actually, that building is a sword tutorial.

Also, the spanish version says "inventorias", which means inventory. It's just a basic item menu.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Also you may notice in the picture Link is drawing his sword inside a house. Finally! This definitely allows for more interaction since you aren't restricted to picking stuff up indoors. No telling what else you can do...

This looks like it's in the sparring hall (sword training area). So I don't think it tells us whether or not he can use his sword indoors most places.

"Gear" could be any of his items, as well as boots, tunics, and such. It'll probably be where he stores all his stuff.

Well, that specific house is a sword training house. Same as the Swordsman's School in Majora's Mask, or Orca's house in Wind Waker. So, you still may not be able to use a sword anywhere you please.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
^Actually, that building is a sword tutorial.

Also, the spanish version says "inventorias", which means inventory. It's just a basic item menu.

This looks like it's in the sparring hall (sword training area). So I don't think it tells us whether or not he can use his sword indoors most places.

Well, that specific house is a sword training house. Same as the Swordsman's School in Majora's Mask, or Orca's house in Wind Waker. So, you still may not be able to use a sword anywhere you please.

I realize you three are probably right, but I still believe Nintendo will allow us to unsheath our sword indoors, because they're allowing us to interact with a lot more things now. If we slash at people they'll likely duck, as the Ordon children did, so if shouldn't be a problem in maiming someone. Just what I think, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom