• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art GCC Week 16 Zelda Character Trading Cards

GCC Weel 16 Zelda Character Trading Cards

• jedizora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Random Person

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
jedizora

cardentry.png

Random Person

sariacard.jpg

Theme: Famous Fake Swords/Blades
(Examples: Hero's Sword, Keyblade, Zanbakuto)

Medium: Wallpaper

Entries Due 12/18/10.

David

But you called me here...
jedizora: Your card is decent, but it lacks a certain "umph," if you catch my drift. The text is a little hard to read and the background color is really really bright when compared to the other colors, causing me to want to look away. Nice font choice, but you need to make the differences between the important text and the nonimportant text stand out. Also, when I think of a trading card, I think of the picture of the object/character to have an amazing background with some cool effects. Yours is lacking in that. The render looks a little smooshed. Not bad though. You're getting better at the graphics.

Random Person: I voted for yours, but the text isn't padded. It looks like the image was cut off right at the text. Don't cards usually have a rounded border around them? Meh, its not required. Great job with Saria. She fits perfectly inside the triforce. One thing I would have done would be to have made the color of the card match Sariah a bit better. The blue goes well with the green, I just feel that the card should match the colors in the Saria render. Very well done though.

You both get extra points in my book for doing it because I didn't do one this week. Good job both of you!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
One thing I would have done would be to have made the color of the card match Sariah a bit better. The blue goes well with the green, I just feel that the card should match the colors in the Saria render.

Ha ha. I was actually going to make it completely match Saria originally. I was planning on a background of the lost woods or kokiri village, but then I thought "hmm... if these were a series of cards, I would need a background that could match a lot of characters in the game. If I were to continue making these, I would use the same main background with a different pic at the bottom."

By the way, voted for mine.

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
how do we know what next weeks project is? and how do we enter?

The next project is posted at the end of the current week's entries. You enter by sending our own Random Person a PM with your entry by the date and time he assigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom