• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GCC Contest Round 4 Voting Monsters

Round 4 Monsters Voting

• Destiny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilfo Freeze

• mandym287

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And the winner of Round 3 was KYBYRIAN. It was a great round and I received a lot of entries. I like to thank you all for participating.

This weeks Theme was Monsters and I received three entries.
The poll is up and you can vote. I wish you all good luck ;)

The next Theme will be Legend of Korra.
It seems to be very popular so I hope many of you will join. You can send me your entries by pm.
The closing date will be Saturday 28th of July at 12.00 pm ET.

First entry by Destiny:
2dkw11.jpg

Second entry by Chilfo Freeze:
282nzeo.jpg

Third entry by mandym287:
JqNw

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Mandy, while yours is good - and exceptionally better than mine - I just didn't get the vibe "monster". I guess it's the pink color that throws me off. It's very well done though, of course!

Destiny's graphic, on the other hand, screams "monster" - the colors go well with the dragon, and the background looks like scratchwork, which is aesthetically pleasing for this week's theme.

Yay, Destiny! ^^

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Des her work makes me flabbergasted. It is amazing and breathtaking. No doubt about that

Chilfo her work is very good as well. I like how the Monster is coming towards you like he almost pops out. My advice would have been: duplicate the monster, lower the opacity till 25% and place it behind the original monster and move it a bit to the right. Then it would have been really scary! I also think the text should have been another color and maybe a bit of an emboss or stroke but still a very good job <3

Mandy her work is stunning as well. I love what she did wioth the background. The monster blends in perfectly

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I forgot again! D: Vanessa, you have to remind me! XD Okay, I swear I'll remember this next one.

Anyway, I really like Destiny's. I like Dragons, and she did a really great job with it. ^^

Destiny
I think this piece relies far too much on the textures in order to pull it together. While it is indeed a splendid graphic, it's a little too much. Again, certain blend modes can really make the contrast yucky on certain colors. There are a few spots in this picture where that kind of shows. While I love your work, I don't know what else you did to the picture besides placing a texture--or several for that matter--over a base image.

Chilfo Freeze
I can see you have been getting better. Even though the entire background is in a filter, it works nicely around the render. Though I suggest you try adding a few effects to the render itself to really pull it together.

mandym287
Too much pink. Why would you do that? Weagles may be pink, but at least pick another background color. Gawsh. You are horrible. Go away. asdf

--Chilfo Freeze got my vote this time. For her effort and extraordinary improvement from the last time. =)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Destiny
I think this piece relies far too much on the textures in order to pull it together. While it is indeed a splendid graphic, it's a little too much. Again, certain blend modes can really make the contrast yucky on certain colors. There are a few spots in this picture where that kind of shows. While I love your work, I don't know what else you did to the picture besides placing a texture--or several for that matter--over a base image.

Chilfo Freeze
I can see you have been getting better. Even though the entire background is in a filter, it works nicely around the render. Though I suggest you try adding a few effects to the render itself to really pull it together.

mandym287
Too much pink. Why would you do that? Weagles may be pink, but at least pick another background color. Gawsh. You are horrible. Go away. asdf

--Chilfo Freeze got my vote this time. For her effort and extraordinary improvement from the last time. =)

Thanks for your honest opinion. :) While indeed it could look like that, I also use curves, lighting and some other techniques with my work. I think if you saw the original stock it would be easier to see. I do rely on textures in some of my pieces, but recently I have started using different styles, as you can see from my last entry. I do use many textures, but that's sometimes just how my style works, I do use other things. I could send you the xcf if you want.

Also, I loved your piece and it took my vote, although you need to add some more colours in there. Looks like we both kind of flopped on contrast this round.

Chilfo, you are getting so much better! I'm not entering next time, so try and take the victory for me :P

Oh, by the way, the image isn't a base image, I did the text, and made the background and then put the render in while applying textures. I didn't just take a picture and put textures on it, lol.

Last edited:
My vote goes to Destiny's piece. I felt as though her's and Mandy's both suffered from poor contrast and layering between the background and the foreground but the work itself is very well designed if traditional. My second choice goes to Chilfo Freeze who especially has some nice effects and shading around her text. Mandy's is also very nice but there simply is too much pink!

Destiny's is incredible, but I have to vote for Mandy's here. Her's is simpler and humbler, but it doesn't have any perceptible flaws in my eyes. Destiny's is breathtaking, but at some points it's hard to discern aspects of the image, making it appear messy, and this is especially true of the test, which is extremely difficult to read. Mandy's is extremely easy to look at.

Chilfo, major points for using the Hydra from Disney's Hercules. :D

Also, what's a Weagle?

My vote goes to Destiny as well. The effects and texture are simply marvelous, and the render screams MONSTER. I also love the text, though the "Elder Scrolls" part could be a bit more readable. Very well done.
Mandy gets second. I love how well blended it is, and the square effect, and the lighting and borders. My only complaint, like others, is that the pink doesn't really scream "monster" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom