• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Garbled Childhood Memories.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Many of you, from a certain age downwards, will have grown up with zelda, of course not all of you have, but many. When I, myself was younger, I didn't play much games, I did, however watch my dad play a lot of games, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of them, as anyone who has been paying attention to me in these past few weeks :lol: some of you around about my age will have had similar experiences, and those of you maybe a few years older, or younger, might have had the same thing with the likes of the first zelda, maybe even right up to The Wind Waker, be it with your own father, an older sibling, maybe even your mother.

But I digress, the point of my thread is as follows, my dad came home quite late, and stayed up on zelda way past my bed time, so of course I'd have to leave, and sort of guess to myself what was happening in the game, and up untill I actually played the game myself years later, there was a multitude of things in the game surprised me, I had remembered them wrong so to speak, for example, the door that led to the pot house in castle town always led to the house of skulltula in my mish mash of memories before playing the game.

I have a couple of other things to contribute to this but this is getting a little rambly, let me know if you're interested in what I have to say, but way, WAY more importantly I'd love if any of you could share similar stories/experiences, I'm really interested in what you all have to say :)...unless you're trolling...though I'm not sure what there is to troll here...

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I grew up playing the N64, so I would play OoT as a kid, however I would never really make it that far. Years later, when I tried to play it again, things did seem a little different from what I remembered. I had always though that you had to keep going up inside the Great Deku Tree, and that was what I had remembered. Because of this, I was really surprised when I discovered I could go through the web that was holding me back.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ah when I was 3 I watched OOT being played by my cousin. I watched the ganondorf battle and I always remembered it as zelda being always present in the boss room trapped in a crystal during the boss battle.

I watched my cousin playing OOT while he was still in the Kokiri Forest, and I thought that the rolling stone in the Tunnel of Z (or whatever it was called,) was a really epic obstacle in the game. I thought he was soo cool for getting past it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom