• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Ganon's wound being moved to the heart?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In the original TP. Ganondorf is sent to be executed and appears to be impaled through the stomach. For a known magic wielder and probably the most powerful human in all Hyrule it would be a better idea to go for the heart for a definite kill or of course decapitation.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Ganondorfs-Execution.jpg

However since SSB4 Ganondorf has been depicted with the wound actually being on his chest and also in the new official artwork for TPHD.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images__1664123_216x.jpg

This leads me to wonder if they will change it so he is actually impaled through the heart in this version.C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_GanondorfSSB4.png

JRA

I didn't think they were trying to kill him, as if it were too brutal or something. I figured they just sent him to the Twilight Realm, where unsettled ghosts are sealed away never to be reborn, and even mortals take spirit forms so as to not actually commit an execution. It's like, they're a spirit now, so it's as good as death.
But yes, great observation about the kill spot change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7NSxVF0N0

Watch the fight again. The weak glowy part was ALWAYS located close to the heart, not the gut. The issue becomes after the final blow. Ganondorf throughout the actual fight is standing upright - with the weakspot appearing higher by the heart. Once he is stabbed, he is slouching, making it look like it's in the gut. But in the actual fight it's clearly a chest shot. So, I think this is a mind trick with angles that just never really got corrected.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I didn't think they were trying to kill him, as if it were too brutal or something. I figured they just sent him to the Twilight Realm, where unsettled ghosts are sealed away never to be reborn, and even mortals take spirit forms so as to not actually commit an execution. It's like, they're a spirit now, so it's as good as death.
But yes, great observation about the kill spot change.

They were obviously trying to kill him. It was an execution and that is what happens during executions. They wouldn't have needed to impale him had they simply wanted him banished.

JRA

They were obviously trying to kill him. It was an execution and that is what happens during executions. They wouldn't have needed to impale him had they simply wanted him banished.
Why not just bury him after? What's with the Twilight Realm part, or was that more of a convenient emergency situation, putting him in there? That's where my impressions were based on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Why not just bury him after? What's with the Twilight Realm part, or was that more of a convenient emergency situation, putting him in there? That's where my impressions were based on.
They had to throw him into the Twilight Realm because he got the Triforce of Power, it was all they could do at the time.

Reactions: Dio

JRA

They had to throw him into the Twilight Realm because he got the Triforce of Power, it was all they could do at the time.
As a last resort, yes. I had always thought he was already set up for the mirror, but they obviously never planned on using it I gather.

Funny how they expect you to think he is dead, and how underwhelming it is when you find out he is the main villain. I mean, Zant mentions his 'God' and then the Sages never even say he 'dies' by any means, even with the stab wound to the chest (the point of the thread lol).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As a last resort, yes. I had always thought he was already set up for the mirror, but they obviously never planned on using it I gather.

Funny how they expect you to think he is dead, and how underwhelming it is when you find out he is the main villain. I mean, Zant mentions his 'God' and then the Sages never even say he 'dies' by any means, even with the stab wound to the chest (the point of the thread lol).

Why would they say he dies when he came back right away afterwards? He dies for a few seconds.

As soon as the sages talk about the evil entity in the darkness you know Ganondorf is the main villain. It not underwhelming. If you've played Zelda before. OOT especially, since TP is designed to appeal to fans of that game. The very inclusion of Ganondorf tells you that he is the main villain.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You shouldn't have to play Ocarina of Time to fully understand the story of TP.

The game itself never makes any indication to you that Ganondorf is the main villain. It is very poorly written and excecuted and it creates some major plot holes as well. Ganondorf was a terrible villain in Twilight Princess. There is no excusing that(even though his boss fight was cool).

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You can play Twilight Princess without needing knowledge of Ocarina of Time. The sages make it pretty clear why Ganondorf is being executed. Now if you play OoT you understand that Link sort of tipped the royal family off that Ganondorf is evil. I don't think one needs to know that to play TP.

The game itself never makes any indication to you that Ganondorf is the main villain. It is very poorly written and excecuted and it creates some major plot holes as well. Ganondorf was a terrible villain in Twilight Princess. There is no excusing that(even though his boss fight was cool).
It hints toward a different main villian after the Lakebed Temple. It becomes obvious at the Aribter Grounds that Ganondorf is the main villian. How can you say the game never makes such an indication when it does?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Twilight Princess is the best written of all the Zelda games. It has a coherent plot which I don't know how anyone could be confused by.

When Zant mentions his God and then the sages talk of the evil entity that lurks in the dark it is obvious the two are one and the same. You don't have to have played OOT to realise that, or know any of the Triforce lore for that matter. It is stated by the sages themselves that Ganondorf was blessed with the power of the Gods and being sent to the Twilight Realm it is obvious he is the source of Zants power.

If someone didn't figure that he was the main villain at that point I have no words. It's so obvious.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Twilight Princess is the best written of all the Zelda games. It has a coherent plot which I don't know how anyone could be confused by.

When Zant mentions his God and then the sages talk of the evil entity that lurks in the dark it is obvious the two are one and the same. You don't have to have played OOT to realise that, or know any of the Triforce lore for that matter. It is stated by the sages themselves that Ganondorf was blessed with the power of the Gods and being sent to the Twilight Realm it is obvious he is the source of Zants power.

If someone didn't figure that he was the main villain at that point I have no words. It's so obvious.
Ganondorf still didn't do anything however to illicit Link killing Ganondorf. He really did nothing but sit in his throne.

Wind Waker was much more well written by the way, than TP. We actually got to see Ganondorf due his evil deeds, and we even found out why he did it.

With Ganondorf in TP, there is no real reason for what he was doing, we learned nothing about Ganondorf as a character, and he didn't do anything. He didn't put Hyrule into eternal darkness, he didn't kill nor kidnap anyone that Link nor the player cares about. He was just there as a final boss.

Also, there are so many times problems of the plot in TP it isn't even funny. I could go through all of the problems with the plot... But that is already done for me, in a better way than I could do.
Please, give some of these a read and tell me again that it has the "most coherent plot"
http://www.zeldainformer.com/articl...the-most-flawed-narrative-of-the-zelda-series

JRA

My point was that to the players, yes, it's obviously Ganondorf that is behind the scene, however when the Sages say that 'perhaps his power has passed on to Zant', what is that saying? If you listen to what the Sages say, you see they are trying to tell the player that Zant simply has Ganon's power. They lead on to this idea while Zant says he has the powers of his God. No one really says Ganon is still around, for all you know the Sages could be right. However, it is Super obvious that the Ganondorf they mention is totally behind things. Later, when Zant finally uses his words like a coherent character, he says Ganon has been reborn. Big reveal, totally saw it coming, thanks anyways for trying to make it a surprise.
I just think it's silly writing for the Sages to even suspect it's not him. I think they should have been all over the fact it is Ganondorf, and with that in mind, the efforts could have been focused on him and not wasting time with Zant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom