• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Ganon's Appearance in TP. How Would You Have Made It Better?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganon appearing in TP is something quite a few people complained about because they thought it could have been handled better, he just popped up out of nowhere...things like that. So if you remade TP how would you have pulled off Ganon's appearance to make it better? (You can't say by not including him)

Djinn

and Tonic
Ganondorf always seemed out of place in the story of TP. As if he was added at the last minute just to get him in there. He only appeared in a cutscene and then at the very end of the game, he had no real part in the story and was mostly absent in all other areas. I thought that if Nintendo wanted to improve on him a little they either needed to add more for him to actually be a part of the story or just remove him and make him the underlying cause for the events only.

If Ganondorf cannot be removed entirely then I would suggest greatly reducing his presence to that of an evil spirit or just the underlying cause of Zan't rise to power. It was the imprisoning of Ganondorf in the Twili Realm that started the entire chain of events in the story. However I would still not want Ganondorf to be the one pulling all the strings and being the complete driving force behind Zant. Too much of this seemed very unlike Ganondorf, sharing power and then being a puppet master that uses others does not quite match his previous appearances. Zant was interesting enough when he was the shadowy figure that would occasionally appear and cause some trouble only to disappear just as quickly. I feel it would be best if Zant remains the main antagonist and is not replaced by Ganondorf later on like he did in TP. If Ganondorf were to appear and actually be a character that Link fights then I want it to be some kind of reduced level. Like make Ganondorf actually be Phantom Ganon, as the spirit like form he took in the Twili Realm.

I would also like to switch the final fights in the game. I would much rather Link discover Phantom Ganon sitting on the throne in the Palace of Twilight and then later Link has to venture into Hyrule Castle to find Zant as the conqueror of the Light World with the aspiration to spread twilight over all the lands. Considering he was the one who hated the people of the light, and successfully conquered Hyrule it would make more sense to have him on the throne in the Castle not Ganondorf. This way Zant would remain as the primary antagonist and would not lose out to Ganondorf because of tradition.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
I never minded the plot progression in TP, and when the Ganondorf cutscene appeared I thought it was a great twist. However, if we're going to nit-pick and fantasize, I'll indulge. I think that you should have fought Zant right after the first three dungeons - a mid-game boss. Midna would still get injured, so you'd have to rush to Zelda, and at the end of the fight you'd still get cursed and have to find the Master Sword, and Zant's defeat speech would allude to his "god". You rush to mirror of twilight, (perhaps the dungeon happens after?) and then the plot continues as is. When you venture to the Twilight realm, the boss could be phantom ganon. Upon return to Hyrule the final boss battle continues as is.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally I'd just remove Zant from the equation as a whole. As I know the story now, Zant was nothing more than a pawn. Ganondorf could very well have come back without him. With Zant out of the way, I'd love for Ganondorf to be able to, y'know, kill Midna. Like completely destroy her. She was a dumb character in my mind, and Ganondorf obliterating SOMEONE instead of just the castle would make him appear more tough than we know him to be (one could argue he DID kill some people in Castle Town but I don't know that for a fact. It's logical and completely reasonable that he did, but I don't know for a fact).

Overall, G-man needs some serious development this time around. He needs to be a dark villain who SHOWS HIS CAPABILITY OF DESTRUCTION BY ACTUALLY WREAKING IT, not another "imza ruls teh warudo!!!o11on111one" type villain.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Personally I'd just remove Zant from the equation as a whole. As I know the story now, Zant was nothing more than a pawn. Ganondorf could very well have come back without him. With Zant out of the way, I'd love for Ganondorf to be able to, y'know, kill Midna. Like completely destroy her. She was a dumb character in my mind, and Ganondorf obliterating SOMEONE instead of just the castle would make him appear more tough than we know him to be (one could argue he DID kill some people in Castle Town but I don't know that for a fact. It's logical and completely reasonable that he did, but I don't know for a fact).

Overall, G-man needs some serious development this time around. He needs to be a dark villain who SHOWS HIS CAPABILITY OF DESTRUCTION BY ACTUALLY WREAKING IT, not another "imza ruls teh warudo!!!o11on111one" type villain.

Yes I totally agree with you here about the type of villain I want to see from Ganondorf. I want to see him murder some people. Why have him blow up an uninhabited castle when he can destroy a town with people in it? He did kill a sage, but I want more. He's the king of evil, so let's see it.

Id rather have had Ganon come back halfway through the game though and kill Zant himself when he had served his use. I liked Zant and he was a good way of introducing the twilight realm.

My issue lies more in how he's fought as a final boss: He possesses Zelda, turns into his giant beast form (which I felt would have been better if done more like OoT's Ganon), and then you fight him as a human? That seems to be a trend lately, and I'm not really a big fan of it.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Even though my opinion on Twilight Princess tends to change a fair bit with time, one thing that has been consistent throughout is how anti-climatic the final boss felt the first time. Now, maybe anti-climatic wasn't the right word after all, but I probably expected the fight wth Ganondorf to be more like Ocarina of Time. I mean, when he takes on his beast form it's so impressive and I really felt like he over-powered me, like I had all odds against me. I think Twilight Princess sort of missed that, because while a swordfight is an interesting way to finish it off, it didn't really have that element of being over-powered by the enemy, at least for me I guess. =\

I later came to appreciate the game's ending for what it is instead of what I wanted it to be, but the swordfight with a human Ganondorf really didn't give that "against the odds" feeling that I had when I beat Ganon in OoT. As far as I can remember, that's pretty much the only thing I felt could've been improved upon in TP's final boss battle. The rest, including the cutscene before the horse-chase was pretty well done, I think.

As I said, I thought his final fight was kind of anti-climatic, but since they had already used his beast form, I guess it couldn't have gone any other way except keeping Ganon for the end, I guess.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I would have not had Ganon in the game at all, as many others have said. I don't think his presence was necessary. I liked Zant. They could have done a lot more with him instead of bringing Ganon into the equation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom