• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf's End?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i checked the threads and i dont think there is a thread like this up yet so sorry if there is and i just missed it...well here it goes...

i kind of have a theory and hopefully its not too critically judged. in TP and WW Ganondorf is seemingly dead but games that come after them on the timeline have Ganon (the demon form). my theory is that in TP and WW, Ganondorfs mortal self was destroyed. his Gerudo/Human body is gone and any game after WW and TP on the timeline will only feature Ganon, his immortal demon form.

so what do you guys think? do you think that Ganondorf, the Gerudo King, is completely destroyed after TP/WW?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
You just love to post off of my threads, don't you?
lol

Well, I'd like to believe it, but I just have a hard time believing that Ganon can be separated from his human/Gerudo form. There's just no insinuation of that ever happening.

Besides, the SWORD IS IN HIS SKULL and HE'S A ROCK at THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!!!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
the SWORD IS IN HIS SKULL and HE'S A ROCK at THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!!!

what part did you miss about me saying his "gerudo/human form is dead/destroyed"?

thats his body. i see Ganon as more of a demonic entity (though its still ganondorfs thoughts and actions) that takes over his body. i even said in my theory that i believe his body was destroyed but the ToP made it so that the demonic form could live on. i dont see how you dont understand what im saying after explaining it here, and about a million other times in the other thread.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
No, I get what you're saying. I've understood the whole time. It makes sense.

But even so, following the WW timeline, how does the Master Sword ever get back to wherever it ends up? It could never work in any of the games we already have. Getting the Master Sword back would have to be a new game.

And what I've been trying to argue here, is if Ganon is only bested by the Master Sword (and Silver/Light Arrows), and he is being perpetually contained by the Master Sword which is lodged directly into him because at this point in time Ganon and Ganondorf are one in the same, how can he ever get out?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
No, I get what you're saying. I've understood the whole time. It makes sense.

But even so, following the WW timeline, how does the Master Sword ever get back to wherever it ends up? It could never work in any of the games we already have. Getting the Master Sword back would have to be a new game.

And what I've been trying to argue here, is if Ganon is only bested by the Master Sword (and Silver/Light Arrows), and he is being perpetually contained by the Master Sword which is lodged directly into him because at this point in time Ganon and Ganondorf are one in the same, how can he ever get out?

we dont know that the master sword is "sealing" ganon. we only know that its stabbed in his GERUDO body and turned it to stone. for all we know, the ToP could have extracted the demon. also, isnt there some in game quote in ALTTP that says that the Zora brought the Master Sword from the ocean or something? i remember reading something along those lines in a post by someone in another thread. it was Smertios or SoJ that said it i think.

youre thinking of it too literally, IMO. when the goddesses flooded Hyrule how did Ganondorf survive? it is never explained how Ganondorf returned to the surface after the flood. if he was always there then how come it took him so long to attack the great sea? if he wasnt always there then how did he escape his watery grave? its never explained so we can really only assume things. just because we dont know how the master sword got back to the surface doesnt mean its impossible. just because we dont know how Ganon lives on after Ganondorf is destroyed doesnt mean that he cant. there are a rediculous amount of plot holes in the series and this happens to be one of them. keep in mind that the creators dont make games based on a timeline. they make games based on a good storyline and their stories include Link, Ganon and the master sword most of the time. they care more about familiarness mixed with a new story than they do about "oh well we left the master sword at the bottom of the ocean so we cant use it in the series anymore"

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
i kind of have a theory and hopefully its not too critically judged. in TP and WW Ganondorf is seemingly dead but games that come after them on the timeline have Ganon (the demon form). my theory is that in TP and WW, Ganondorfs mortal self was destroyed. his Gerudo/Human body is gone and any game after WW and TP on the timeline will only feature Ganon, his immortal demon form.

I always believed this was true, seeing as for ANY time line to make sense this would have to be the case. There is really no better explanation for it.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe a demon has the possibility to change a growing body so therefore I say no, we have not seen the end of it. As long as his demon/soul exist, there is always a possibility of a new Ganon body. That´s my beliefs.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Ganondorf has met his end, but Ganon is the demon that lives on. He was born from the Triforce of Power mixed with Ganondorf's malice and hatred. The taint was so strong, that he had become more than just a simple Gerudo wizard he had become a full fledged demon.
He had left Ganondorf willingly in Twilight Princess and left him in WW.

Also you have to realize that Ganondorf didn't have the Triforce of Power anymore, meaning he was no longer immortal and prone to the Master Sword's effects. Ganon however has been only proven to be killed by one thing and even the Master Sword is useless against him. That thing is the Silver Arrow.

Also Zora's never said that Zemen, I scoured all of Alttp to try and find your quote and ended up with nothing.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i know that in some thread someone had some evidence with quotes or in game stuff that they made a theory of how the master sword got back. i wish SoJ or Smertios would look at this thread cus im sure its one of them who said it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
i know that in some thread someone had some evidence with quotes or in game stuff that they made a theory of how the master sword got back. i wish SoJ or Smertios would look at this thread cus im sure its one of them who said it.

It was Smertios, If I am not wrong... and he theorized that the fact that in oracle of ages, if you do the correct secrets, the old Zora guy gives you the broken master sword and tells you he retrieved it from the Bottom of the Sea. But there is a tiny problem here: in the same game, if instead of telling the secret to a person(I don't remember who) to trigger this sequence, tell it to Farore, and if you already have the Noble Sword, she'll give you the Master Sword, instead, so I dunno if the secrets are to be considered canon or not, it is very debatable

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It was Smertios, If I am not wrong... and he theorized that the fact that in oracle of ages, if you do the correct secrets, the old Zora guy gives you the broken master sword and tells you he retrieved it from the Bottom of the Sea. But there is a tiny problem here: in the same game, if instead of telling the secret to a person(I don't remember who) to trigger this sequence, tell it to Farore, and if you already have the Noble Sword, she'll give you the Master Sword, instead, so I dunno if the secrets are to be considered canon or not, it is very debatable

thanks for clearing that up. i agree that i question its canocity, but it still could be a possibility as to how the Master Sword returns.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
thanks for clearing that up. i agree that i question its canocity, but it still could be a possibility as to how the Master Sword returns.

Yes, I know that...
But even though I believe that, the AT either is just composed of WW and PH, or WW, PH, LoZ and AoL...

I believe the Oracles are fitting to be located after LA

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yes, I know that...
But even though I believe that, the AT either is just composed of WW and PH, or WW, PH, LoZ and AoL...

I believe the Oracles are fitting to be located after LA

i could see them going after LA but i dont agree with anyone who says it goes before LA.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
i could see them going after LA but i dont agree with anyone who says it goes before LA.

In that we Both agree... But the main factor that makes me believe that they are located on the Child Timeline is the fact that Koume and Kotake are still alive, and they were killed on the adult part of OoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom