• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon?

S

sammoldy

So I've been thinking for some time. In Skyward Sword Demise says that he will be around for as long as the land of hyrule exists. Does this mean he is the origins of Ganon and if so does that explain how he appears in most of the Zelda games and how no matter how many times you kill him he always appears in a different game?

The way I gather is the general opinion on Demise's ending speech that he, or rather, his hatred, is reincarnated as Ganondorf. What exactly this means is up to debate, though. My theory is that Demise and Ganondorf are all incarnations of the same "evil". Fi actually makes a comment on Demise that he (loosely paraphrased) "appears differently to each generation that sees him".

/Blue Window

F

Fpob_tim

I personally believe that his spirit posseses ganon/ganondorf who is although evil, is relativly powerless until demises spirit possesses him and gives him power so he can obtain the triforce so that Demise can be reborn in a world of darkness as seen in OOT (Future), ALTTP (Dark World) and TP (Twilight Realm). I personally believe Ganon and Ganondorf and different people and both have just been possessed at different levels meaning one appears more beast-like because that is Demise trying to take control over his puppet.

G

Goddess Sword

First, we need to interpret Demise's lines. In my opinion, it's more a curse he put on Hylia's human form, Zelda, and Link because Demise is seemingly destroyed by Link, so he can't be reincarnated into Ganon/Ganondorf. Some poeple suggest that he is the cause of all vilains in the Legend of Zelda serie, but I personally think he is only the cause of Ganondorf beause of their striking similar appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom