• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon, Ganondorf, the Master Sword and History

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
So it dawned on me that we know this game is going to speak of the Master Sword's origins, but what of the original evil that the Master Sword was created to stop? We know from OoT that the Master Sword is the sword of evil's bane, so it had to have gotten that title from somewhere. Also the fact that the Master Sword was the only thing in OoT, TP and WW that could defeat Ganon/dorf, is this evidence that the antagonist in SS will be a character similar to Ganon/dorf?

Furthermore, for those of you who believe that Ganon and Ganondorf are two separate entities, what do you think about the idea that maybe the antagonist of this game will be the original beast that started the battle for the Triforce of Power?

I was thinking, since this is going to be about the creation of the Master Sword, maybe it will also be the creation of the original entity that was after the ToP.

If you think about past Zelda games, they all seem to follow a specific trend based on the theme of the game.

MC seemed to be themed with hats all over the place. The main partner was a hat, the item stolen by Vaati is a hat and Link receives a hat after his adventure and the hero before him was hatless. It's theme was hats.

ST had to do a lot with new adventure and new discoveries. There were multiple secrets train stations throughout the game that needed to be discovered and many of the tracks needed to be acquired before you could find new lands. It's theme was discovery.

WW focused a lot on ancestry. We Link who was stated to NOT be the hero of legend (which may be a hint that he is NOT a descendant of the past hero). A good portion of the game focus' on Link trying to save his sister, his family. The Koroks are related to the Kokiri, the Rito are related to the Zora and Link has to find the descendants of past sages to help save the world. Along the way Link also has to save daughters, family members, of other people. This game's theme is family/ancestry.

I think you get the idea so what about SS' theme? We know that SS is the history of the Master Sword. We know that this game takes place before OoT. Since this game has the Master Sword, we can probably conclude that the Triforce's history may be further looked into as well since we know sages are involved with the Master Sword and helping protect the Triforce. It seems that this games theme is history so maybe we will get history on much more than what we've been told.

So what does everyone think?

I think ZSS will be History/Origin themed. The History/Origin of the Master Sword, the History/Origin of the Wind Tribe, and the History/Origin of Hyrule (, not hylians). I do not think Ganon will be mentioned at all. I think there are two Ganons. Ganon from OoT was scealed at the end of OoT. The Ganon from TWW and TP were seperate Gerudo(s) that have nothing to do with the original, except that he posseses them. The second Ganon originated from FSA. There he was a Gerudo who broke the rules and stole the trident which gave him his blue pig form. He was eventualy scealed in the Four Sword. The Four Sword was not in ALttP, but it was in its GBA remake in the Palace of the Four Sword where he escaped and took the Triforce. The Ganon from LoZ may or may not be a third Ganon. But he can also be the FSA/ALttP Ganon, but not the other Ganon.

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
If SS is going to tell the master swords history, than it has to tell about how ganon/vaati started, there childhood or something and it has to tell something about the triforce and the goddesses cause if it didnt, the the series would get more confuising. And i'd like the game to tell something about the pheniox you always see on shields. If SS can explain these thing then the series would be less confusing. Wouldnt you think so?

If SS is going to tell the master swords history, than it has to tell about how ganon/vaati started, there childhood or something and it has to tell something about the triforce and the goddesses cause if it didnt, the the series would get more confuising. And i'd like the game to tell something about the pheniox you always see on shields. If SS can explain these thing then the series would be less confusing. Wouldnt you think so?
Ganon's origin was in OoT and Vaati's origin was in MC. Bellum is in the World of the Ocean King and not Hyrule/Skyloft. Malladus is in New Hyrule. Majora is in Termina. So they have to come up with a new villain because this is the first game in the series.

What I'm wondering is whether or not this game will have anything to do with the sages of the earth and wind temple who have to pray at their temples to power up the Master Sword.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
First, it wasn't stated that the Sages made the sword because of an immediate threat to the Triforce, only that they should have some way of protecting it in case someone evil tries to get it. However, SS would be very boring if there wasn't an immediate danger to the ToX that required the sword to be made.

I don't think the evil will have a direct relationship with Ganon. I think Ganon was created out of Ganondorf's lust for power and hadn't existed at all before that. The power in the ToP to do this was there since the Goddesses left it. I think it will be some new evil force which attempts to gain access to the ToX and fails. Good theory though!
I agree that the history of the Triforce should be a prominent feature in the game, though disaster would break out if it were to leave the SR or anything...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Ganondorf's first chronological appearance was in OoT, and I feel that Ganon is nothing more than a manifestation of Ganondorf's evil given shape by his ToP. For that reason, I doubt either of them will have a role in SS. However, I believe the Triforce will play a prominent role, being featured in the game's logo and all, and it's highly likely that the evil we have to fight in SS will be some villain after the Triforce's amazing powers. That being said, what about the Dark Interlopers we were told about in TP?

The interlopers were a tribe of dark sorcerers after the power of the Triforce. Perhaps SS takes place during their attempt to find the Sacred Realm, thus engulfing Hyrule in evil and chaos, and Link is sent by the Goddesses to intervene. Granted, the interlopers' story was built with the Twili and TP's plot in mind, having the Fused Shadows and Light Spirits and all that, but the basic idea behind the interlopers could very well be used for a plot of its own. I don't know, it's probably not all that likely, given the strict and confining details that are already part of the interlopers' story that won't transfer well to another game, but it was a curious thought that occurred to me nonetheless.

At any rate, I think the evil in SS is most likely someone or some group of people after the Triforce or Sacred Realm, and Skyloft is the closest connected to the Sacred Realm, which is why Link is sent to save Hyrule. Whether it's the interlopers or some other group of villains I don't know, but I seriously doubt the return of an old villain. Maybe we'll see sages, I sure hope so. SS does seem like it has great potential for a theme involving history, so maybe we'll even see origins of some of Hyrule's races. I know I for one would love that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom