• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon and Ganondorf Theories Part 2

Before I jump into this I want to say I'm sorry that this thread is not soon after my original for those of you who read the first part. Also my timeline beliefs have changed since then so I will be mainly editing my original thread. The same basic idea is the same though. I had written my original as a Linearist and I am now a Splitist, however I'm trying to make my theory apply to both, but I will be currently formating this theory for the split timeline. And with that, let's get to it.

Depending on if Skyward Sword will have Ganon, this may be competely inacurate but I'm ignoring that. So basically Ganon (the pig monster) had existed during the uniting war spoken of in OoT. He was killed though and the Gerudo desert became part of Hyrule. A reincarnation of Ganon was born in Gerudo and since he was a male, he became the king. He then went after the Triforce, because he knew he could return to his original form and conquer Hyrule. He failed however to obtain the Triforce, instead causing it to split. The two remaining Triforce pieces went to Link and Zelda, the predestined wielders of the pieces. Link and Zelda defeated Ganondorf however not before Ganondorf transformed into Ganon. He was sealed into the Sacred Realm, turning it into the Dark Realm.

Link then left to relive his childhood, but this resulted in a severing of the two times. I'll get back to the child timeline but now I'm focusing on the adult side. Since Link left, the triforce of courage went back to the sacred realm, exept it was the dark realm where Ganon was (oops...). Zelda died years later, and the last triforce piece went to ganon in the sacred/dark realm. All Ganon needed now was to break the last bit of seal left from the sages' imprisonment by sacrificing there decendents. Ganon(with the help of the Triforce) created a new body, and took control of it. Agahnim (the name of the man he created) eventually sacrificed all the decendents exept for Zelda and was about to when a boy appeared and saved her. Finally, Agahnim and Ganon where defeated.

Before I go on to the next game, I want to just add some things. First off, I will not be covering particular games. The reason for this is because some have an absense of Ganon, some have a debatable level of canon. Also you can actually place A Link to the Past on either side of the timeline, I'm just placing it on this side because I generally consider the OoT was made as a prequel to ALttP. Everything points to it, but for other reasons one could argue ALttP could easily go on the child side. That is correct and they work either way. I won't be covering the first two Zelda games because, well the placement of them is completely up to speculation. Alright, I believe that's all I have to say about that so, let's wrap up.

Years later, Ganon returned trying to take over Hyrule. This was, you guessed it, Ganondorf. Now because Ganon explodes at the end of ALttP, I think this is actually Agahnim, still being completely controlled, actually literally becoming Ganondorf. Now if you didn't place ALttP on this side of the timeline then it's just Ganon returning. Anyway the godesses flood the land since there was no hero to save the day. The Master Sword was used to keep Ganondorf out of Hyule, but when a boy pulled the master sword the seal was broken. I don't want to recite all of WW so I'm skipping to the end. Ganon was turned to stone with the master sword, and was killed. For this thread, that finishes up this end of the timeline for Ganon.

Over on the child side, Ganon was captured by the sages because since Link never pulled the master sword, and that was the final barrier to the Sacred Realm. Ganon fled but was captured. Now since Link has a Triforce piece in the ending cutscene of OoT, and since Link can't wield the full Triforce, the others went to Zelda and Ganon. Luckily for Ganon it was right at his execution. He was sealed away in the Twilight Realm and eventually used Zant to take over Hyrule. I REALLY don't want to go over all of Twilight Princess so I'm skipping to the end. Ganon was killed and lost the triforce of power (witch is why he died).

So that is finally my redone theory on Ganon and Ganondorf. Basically a theoritical biography of Ganon. Now if Skyward Sword has Ganon in it then I would say Ganondorf in OoT is the reincarnation of that Ganondorf. But if he isn't then OoT is simply his origin and this is still possible. I welcome replies and I will hopefully do a follow up thread on the rest of the games that have Ganon.

hmm good job. only two points id liek to ask

1. if link from aLttP was able to save hyrule why was there no hero in the lead up to wind waker? (i know my major timeline plothole to is aLttP)

2. where do tLoZ/AoL come too play? you cant exactly say there non cannon. or are those events part of the prequel to OoT

i want bother askign about FSS or Oox because i think thats what you meant by aurguably cannon? and at the best of times there incredible didicult to fit on the timeline (FSS is anyway. Oox can easily be slotted in before LA)

1: I'm sorry I forgot to mention this but, I place LA after ALttP so while Link is doing his thing, Ganon returns and all that stuff at the begining of WW. Also I mentioned that ALttP can go either before WW or after TP, I just formatted it in this way for this thread.

2: I believe I said that I would be bot covering certain games because of debatable timeline placement. Zelda 1 and 2 fit this description. I will be doing a follow up thread covering the rest of the games that Ganon appears. I did not cover it also because I'm working on they're placement in my timeline. Originally I placed the first Zelda games before OoT and this will probably be the case until SS comes out. If Ganon isn't in SS then, well it's time to kiss my theory goodbye.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He's definitely dead after WW, but he could possibly come back after TP.

Actually I don't believe he is dead for good after the wind waker. If you look at the map for zelda 2 you can see ocean around the land, which leads me to believe the events in it must have happened after the great flood. Since there are places like the town of saria and also other towns named after the sages link awakens in ocarina of time, it must mean that in Zelda 2 the adult timeline must have happened before hand, or else saria and the rest (with the exception of Rauru) would not have been sages and towns would not have been named after them.
world map.jpg

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
That's all well and good but in Spirit Tracks they've founded a whole New Hyrule. So either Zelda 2 is a completely different Hyrule to the original, or it's the same Hyrule, which would make no sense since Hyrule as well as its monarchy are somewhere else now.

Besides that, it doesn't explain how he comes back from being dead with a Master Sword embedded in his skull under an ocean when he's been turned to stone which makes at least one form of revival kinda tricky (the ashes one described in Zelda 2).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Actually I don't believe he is dead for good after the wind waker. If you look at the map for zelda 2 you can see ocean around the land, which leads me to believe the events in it must have happened after the great flood. Since there are places like the town of saria and also other towns named after the sages link awakens in ocarina of time, it must mean that in Zelda 2 the adult timeline must have happened before hand, or else saria and the rest (with the exception of Rauru) would not have been sages and towns would not have been named after them.
View attachment 16886

Geography has nothing to do with the canon in the Zelda series (unless you count going from Hyrule to "New Hyrule"). The water being there doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's dead for good. I mean, he was stabbed without the ToP, which would have killed him, as he was mortal at that point. Beyond that, he's at the bottom of the Great Sea. No one's getting to him. Ganondorf can't come back on the AT. There's really no argument for it.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well it is still possible, perhaps some greedy king wishing to expand his lands will wish for the goddesses to restore old hyrule after getting his hands on the triforce. Nintendo could find a way to do it if they wanted to revive Ganon on the adult timeline or make zelda 2 after WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom