• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Blues.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I'm currently in what I call my gaming blues. It is where I feel like playing but I have no idea what I want in any sense. I don't know what game, genre or even system I want to play. Cause I feel like I want to play something. I look at any of my gaming memorabilia and feel a want to play. But when I think I feel a bit confused, slightly fatigued and I get a bit lazy about my games.

Since I put in a few games but I then stopped after a few moments. Feeling these aren't what I currently want to play. It is an annoying feeling really. Wondering if I'm going through a bit of gamer fatigue or something. Maybe I want to get to Splatoon even though I think I've had enough for a bit. I just don't know.

Any of you had this kind of thing happen? I usually wait till my blues die out or I get lucky and find a game in my collection that reignites the fire within me. What do you do if this happens to you?

Salem

SICK
It happens to me from time to time. It's more common these days, but from time to time I get excited to play certain games.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I know the feeling. I have > 200 games on my Steam, plus a DS, gameboy, 360, and smartphone, and sometimes you just don't know what you wanna do. It sucks. I feel your pain man.

Usually what I do then is either I go find something I haven't played before, or at least in a long time, and make myself get through some of it. If not that, then I grab a game that doesn't take a lot of thought processess (ie Minecraft) and use that. If neither of those work, I give up and go read for a while.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Oh, I definitely know how that feels. Since I'm pretty busy most of the time and rarely ever have time for gaming anymore, it's almost impossible for me to choose what I want to play, but then if I do know what I want to play, it just seems like I'm unable to enjoy it the way I wanted to. It's kinda hard to explain, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean. :(

Dan

I know what you mean, long gone are the days when I was a cute child that could pick up any game, enjoy it and proceed to play it for hours. At present I find I'm too lazy to get involved with yet another game universe and to figure how it all works. I normally go back to games I've already played in the past or go for new games that are a part of a series I'm already familiar with such as Fallout and Gta.
If I do play a completely new game I usually have to push myself to keep playing it to get over that initial lack of motivation.

It's probably down to age as any game to me when I was young was amazing and magical, but as you grow older your taste develops and you realise how games in general work.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Gaming is a ritual to me I do it at the same sort of time every day. I have games I am really exited for and there are the games in betwee. I don't mind what they are so long as they are boosting my gamerscore and aren't tedious. I get a free game with xbox live gold every month so i always have something at the ready.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
For me, it's more like... I know what I want to play, but I just have no motivation/energy to turn on the system and put the game in. So I don't. And then I mope about it.
Remember when you could just pop a game into the system and start playing? Nowadays it's having to go through, like, ten extra menus just to reach the title screen. And since almost everything is online these days, in-between loading times are also an obstacle towards lasting motivation.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
It happens. I've been going through it for almost 2 years now...

Just play the games you enjoy, don't force anything. I've currently put Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinite on hold. Both amazing games, but I just can't get into it right now. I'm just playing through The Witcher 3 which is fine with me.

Manaburn

Graphics Artist
I've been having the same problem the past few days.. I'm currently in the beginnings of my first Majora's Mask playthrough. I want to learn speed-running instead but I guess I should complete the game first.

Dan

It happens. I've been going through it for almost 2 years now...

Just play the games you enjoy, don't force anything. I've currently put Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinite on hold. Both amazing games, but I just can't get into it right now. I'm just playing through The Witcher 3 which is fine with me.

I disagree you should force yourself to some degree as you may end up discovering an amazing game once you get over that initial first hurdle.
Only a couple of years ago I started attempting to play the original Deus Ex game as it would show up on nearly every single "Best video games of all time" list. Each attempt at playing Deus Ex however ended in failure and frustration due to awkward controls, lack of auto-save and melee weapons being a little temperamental. I could never get past the first level before abandoning the game for another couple of months. Once I forced myself through the first stage or two I became hooked and familiar to the outdated mechanics furthermore learned to really enjoy the game and it's awesome story.

Sometimes a little patience may lead to a more than satisfying outcome, other times it leads to wasted time. :bubsy:

I had a general lack of wanting to play games a few years ago, but over the past few years, I've been a lot more active in playing through various games. There really hasn't been a shortage of great games to play this generation, and I had a few titles to catch up with from the last.

Nowadays, I tend to definitively drift towards fresh ideas, like Splatoon, but always return to some personal favorites, including Mario, Halo, and Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom