• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You've Given Up on Completing

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This kind of relates to another thread I made recently, but it's slightly different as it's not entirely based around challenge.

So are there any games that you've played but just give up on? It can be any reason, maybe the game was bad, maybe the game was frustrating (rage quit), or maybe you actually use couldn't physically complete it.

Salem

SICK
I borrowed some RPGs from my sister but I never completed them, namely FFX and a few others.

Ganondork

goo
The original Gears of War. I just cannot beat that stupid final boss. I have looked up every single guide you can imagine, and none of their strategies ever work for me. I'm convinced that no one has actually beaten that game, because that boss is honestly just bull****. I've never fought something so overpowered. I've fought some really powerful enemies in my day - Malthael in Diablo III on Torment 1 difficulty comes to mind - and this boss battle just boggles my mind.

Here are a few:

Final Fantasy 9. It is my favorite game on the PlayStation 1, and I have never even beaten it. I went all the way to the final boss, but he whooped my butt many times. I fought him many times, but in the end I just gave up because I could not take it any more. I was young though, maybe I should replay the game and give that jerk another go!

Assassin's Creed 3. I love this franchise, but this game was just really boring and a total let down. I'm sorry to anyone that loves the franchise, but it just couldn't hold me long enough. I stopped about two thirds of the way in cause the story was making me fall asleep. Not only that but the game was poorly optimized and I kept running into bugs and glitches. Not only that, but I saw the ending right before the fourth game came out (which is actually the best AC game IMO), it was just horrible. I'm thankful I didn't waste my time to reach a rather disappointing ending.

Skyrim. This game was highly addictive at first, but as time went on it just became really stale. I realized that the game did not have much depth as Oblivion. I feel it was water downed and over simplified. Also, main story line did not hold my interest. I put about 80-some hours, completing most of the side quests that had to do with the guilds and Gods and stuff, but once I reached the main story line it all started to feel really bland.

these are just a few

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz-I got it cuz it looked cute and entertaining but the motion controls are full of suck, so I got rid of it.

Kirby Mass Attack-eh it wasn't my thing

KH: Days-My cousin lent it to me, but I gave it back before he moved

KH: Re Coded-i'm sure it's a good game but I just couldn't get into it, I think I don't really like KH despite everyone telling me how amazing they all are. I've only played a few handhelds though, maybe the console ones are better? They just fill me with a big ball of blah-blah-boring-blues. I gave it to my cousin, its his favorite series.

Dragon Warrior- being an NES player, I went into it with realistic expectations, but the level and money system is horrible, they want too much and give you too little. and the text based commands, archaic would be one thing, but this is just a bad game all around.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team-just not my thing personally

Heavenly Guardian-I'm really embarrassed to say it, but the lack of save states on a Wii game put me off. long gone are the days when I can work my way slowly but surely through a game...of course leaving the tv and wii on would murder the electricity bill and besides Zelda saved your damn progress and so did Kirby's Adventure and several other games back then! couldn't you have at least included a password system?

Mega Man Battlenetwork 2-woulda killed for a password system. for some reason the save option doesn't work at all on mine. that's not too cool for an rpg

Castlevania: Bloodlines, Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance, didn't like Bloodlines at all, Circle and Harmony were games I just couldn't get into.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I don't really give up on completing game. I mostly just get bored of them and forget about them, and then I have to restart because I have no idea what to do.

octorok74

TETTAC
Dark Souls. I can't get past Sen's Fortress. It's horrible. I want to complete it, but I want to also play it with friends. But none of them are close enough i level to me to help me out. Worst part is that I helped two friends beat Sen's Fortress, but it got late so we didn't beat it for me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Chrono Trigger - Breezed my way through the game until I got to the Mage's Tower and faced off with the first boss (Slash, I believe). No matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't get past him, and I didn't have the time nor patience to compete with the next three or four so I ended it right there. There's utterly no point in sticking that many bosses one after the other anyhow; the repetition becomes overwhelmingly annoying (kinda like the Imprisoned).

Sonic and The Black Knight - I had high hopes for this game, particularly misleading myself to believe that it was actually an openworld adventure, not some half-witted race-on-rails in each level (although it was my first encounter with a 3D Sonic game). I kept on playing through the missions and trying everything I could to simply advance. And then that's when I hit the insurmountable obstacle halfway in the game: King Arthur himself. Well, when I say "hit" I mean more like get thrown into the middle of an arena with a lion and no strategy to beat it. Before the fight, the game offers no tutorials or even basic hints in how to defeat the boss. It's just a trial-and-error match, but just when I managed to do something (shake the Wiimote at some certain time or suchlike), I forget what I did and I'll run into the boss and have to refight him...again. Yeah, no thanks; I'll pass.

Okami - Where do I even start...? The battle system sounds like a good idea. I attacked by shaking the Wiimote. That's about it. Besides that, the overworld is vast and the plotline is pleasing. But there's one problem: I had to go back and forth so many times. This game suffers tremendously from backtracking and fetchquests that only serve as filler. There are even these really stupid digging "minigames" that are mandatory for advancing, and the dumbest aspect about them is that they're timed. I somehow got through the first two, but the third is what drew the line for me. Why anybody thought that these repetitious, obligatory events are a good idea (Skyward Sword's Silent Realms suffered from this also) I'll never know, but I play games to enjoy my free time, not have it wasted.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
metroid prime 3
correct me if im wrong,but there's a part where you were supposed to have a certain amount of power cells to progress or something that you find along the game
i didn't have enough so i thought...**** this

also viewtful joe 2,but its more so i haven't played it in a while

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Twilight Princess - After playing it on and off and restarting serveral times, I got to the middle, of Arbiter's Grounds, probably right before the miniboss, saved my game, turned off my Wii, and never played it again.

Kirby Mass Attack and Epic Yarn - I ragequitted at Mass Attack and My inability to use the Wiimote do my bidding in some of the extra levels made the game to difficult for me to 100%, so I put it down.

Super Mario Bros 3 Advance - I can't get past World 2. Yeah, I have no hope.

Super Mario 64 DS - This is a weird one. I got all the way to the final fight with Bowser. I tried to throw him into the bombs and continually missed. Similarly to TP, I just put it down and never touched it again.

Scribblenauts - There are some levels inn that game I simply cannot wrap my head around. I pushed my way through until I ragequitted. It's still fun to mess around with, but I guess I am not creative enough to make further progress.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I can not think of one reason to play this game again. I got to the Fire Temple and got so sick of the awfulness.

Skyward Sword: I like this game a lot, but I might never own it again.

Zelda 1 and 2: Got a decent way, saw no reason to return

Sheik

:the:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I was about 2/3 of the way through when I came to the realization that I hated it with all my will, despised it like I hadn't anything before.

So I stopped playing.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
metroid prime 3
correct me if im wrong,but there's a part where you were supposed to have a certain amount of power cells to progress or something that you find along the game
i didn't have enough so i thought...**** this

That's a shame, I found the fetch quest in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to be the best in the trilogy by a considerable margin. This is mainly just for the fact you can get the required amount as you progress through the game, instead of backtracking to every area with vague "hints" near the conclusion of the game like its two predecessors. Of course if you happen to have missed most of them, then this doesn't matter, although backtracking in Corruption isn't as bad, I believe. I'm extremely surprised I bothered to complete Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, honestly, its fetch quest was an absolute terrible chore.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days. I got up to the... Ruler of the Sky or something? But I could never beat him. It'd take me forever to finally get him down to a small amount of health and a LOT of A button mashing, hurting my thumb majorly in the process... but I still couldn't beat him. Haven't played the game in like a year since then.

I'm sure there are more, but that's the one that really stands out to me. I've come CLOSE to giving up on some games, like Pokémon Black, but I don't dare officially say that I've given up because some day I do WANT to beat them -- I just have no motivation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom