• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you're on the fence about buying

There are some games out there that we kind of want to play, games that review quite well and seem to be worth their asking price... yet for whatever reason we just can't bring ourselves to drop the cash.

Which games are available to you right now that you're just not sure on buying?

Be it triple A or indie, which games out there are you on the fence about buying?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Resident Evil 7

Been able to buy this since it came out but just... haven't. I guess I'm not really 'on the fence' about it because I will get it at some point, it's just that I don't know when that point is. The game has been on sale numerous times and I feel like I'm waiting until I see it for less than twenty quid. Why I'm not sure. I want to play it but I guess I still have too many reservations to be excited for it.

Xenoblade Games

I've been interested since the most recent Smash. But never played any of them. I hear a lot of bad things here and there, but I hear a few good things too. I just don't know.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I can't seem to stop asking about it here on ZD. The game isn't really in question on its own. If I bought it I'd either love it or hate it. The issue is the additional price of the Switch just to play XC2. No other Switch game interests me. I hope that'll change but ninty appears to be losing steam already. One game just doesn't justify the cost of a Switch. And I only have enough interest in BotW to throw it in at a discount because I might as well.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I can't seem to stop asking about it here on ZD. The game isn't really in question on its own. If I bought it I'd either love it or hate it. The issue is the additional price of the Switch just to play XC2. No other Switch game interests me. I hope that'll change but ninty appears to be losing steam already. One game just doesn't justify the cost of a Switch. And I only have enough interest in BotW to throw it in at a discount because I might as well.
Well there's Super Mario Odyssey as well.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
they're older games at this point but the uncharted games
I REEAALLLYYY did not like the first game, but my friend always touted that uncharted 2 was good and I still love naughty dog's older series [crash and jak & daxter], I could easily go the nathan drake collection route but....yeah I'm just on the fence about it

Pokemon Lets Go
The game looks alright but they are both Yellow reboots. Such a huge mistake by Gamefreak. They should have been Red/Blue reboots. The fact that it's a Yellow reboot puts me on thew fence about it.

Yoku's Island Express
It's basically a pinball quest style of game with a really good story. I really like it but I don't know if I'll play it anytime soon after I get it because of backlog so I'm on the fence about it.

Dragon Quest 11 Collectors Edition
I am getting this game. That will happen. However I'm on the fence about the collectors edition. It's $150US. So yeah on the fence about this.

VeBAnz3.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
It's actually a great game. Totally worth the full price. Especially with the DLC added too. However I don't think any single game alone is worth the console cost barrier to entry. I think you should look for a few other games you like on Switch first.

Last edited:

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Definitely Smash Bros. Ultimate. I purchased a Wii-U in 2015 for Smash/Mario Kart only, and I didn't even play it as much as I hoped.

Octopath Traveller. I've played the demo a bit and while I *like* it, I just...don't know if the combat can keep me engaged. I'm sure the story will be gripping enough but I don't want to feel like I'm slogging through combat to get from one story piece to another.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oblivion and Morrowind, but I just bought Wizard of Legend, and my sister just bought Octopath Traveler, so I don't think I will buy them for a while... Also I kinda feel like buying the Season 5 battle pass, but I don't think I will.

Octopath Traveller. I've played the demo a bit and while I *like* it, I just...don't know if the combat can keep me engaged. I'm sure the story will be gripping enough but I don't want to feel like I'm slogging through combat to get from one story piece to another.
The stories are all fun and interesting, and the combat is above average, but when you travel you won't go 15 seconds without being interrupted by monsters, assuming you are outside a town.

The stories are all fun and interesting, and the combat is above average, but when you travel you won't go 15 seconds without being interrupted by monsters, assuming you are outside a town.
Yeah this is one of the things that worries me. I feel that Bravely Default/Second have spoiled me when it comes to the traditional FF-style gameplay. I adore being able to toggle encounters on and off, or up at a whim and I'm also concerned that the combat won't offer the same level of depth as something like Bravely. The break system, honestly, feels like a half-hearted approach to the brave/default system with less of the risk/reward aspect that made it so appealing to me.

However, to be fair, I haven't gotten far enough in Octopath yet to have a wealth of combat options.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yeah this is one of the things that worries me. I feel that Bravely Default/Second have spoiled me when it comes to the traditional FF-style gameplay. I adore being able to toggle encounters on and off, or up at a whim and I'm also concerned that the combat won't offer the same level of depth as something like Bravely. The break system, honestly, feels like a half-hearted approach to the brave/default system with less of the risk/reward aspect that made it so appealing to me.

However, to be fair, I haven't gotten far enough in Octopath yet to have a wealth of combat options.
Neither have I, but I have explored enough to notice that they throw tons and tons of monsters at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom