• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You'd Rather Were More Difficult

A lot of people are gonna say Zelda on this one but...

Has there ever been a game you have played that you have loved yet breezed through? not only completed it form start to finish to grabbed all the collectables and basically 100%ed it without any hassle?

Did you want that game to be harder? usually a harder game can result in some grief, but if it hits the sweet spot then it can make you feel like you have accomplished the impossible or done something that required enough skill to be proud of, also, constant retries make the game last longer...

I'm gonna say kirby for my choice, every game i've played for Kirby has been one i've licked in a matter of hours, and 100%ed them not long after, Adventure Wii/ Return to Dreamland got a bit insane with bosses later on but was never hard... i'd like kirby of all games to be a bit more difficult just because i know his character is hardcore, i wana see him prove it in game.

How about you guys, any games you love that you wished were more difficult?

I kinda wish that games had a lot more use of AI that gets used to how you play so it can use counter measures against you and you have to learn something new to take them out. And I even mean this for already hard games like the Devil May Cry series or even Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.

But in general, I wish more games couldbe like the Fire Emblem series. It straddles that perfect line of difficult to play and difficult to master and feeling just as rewarding when you achieve both.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oddly enough with my playstyle I never ever found Kirby to be easy...I've died like five times per stage in KSS/Kirby Fun Pack, and who knows how many times in Amazing Mirror. Oh, a couple deaths in Squeak Squad as well! :I

My vote is easily modern Zelda. The puzzles are all recycled from previous entries I find. The combat is ridic easy, like, Link is constantly overpowering his foes just because of his mobility and battle strength. The combat really is way too simple - I think Zelda could easily make room for a slew of active/passive modifiers. That's on complexity and not necessarily being more difficult. I wish bosses would take some cues from Kingdom Hearts - sure there are patterns to some bosses but they don't follow 'pattern one' all of the time. One of my favorite KH bosses is Vanitas III (Aqua) in Birth by Sleep because he's a) strong af b) erratic af and c) just erratic af.

The most important thing is that the enemies and bosses get harder. AI needs to be more than "run up to Link and defend".

Besides Zelda, I can't think of any other series off the top of my head that I wish were more difficult.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Basically all the games from the New Super Mario Bros. series (I can't say anything about the Wii U one because I haven't played it) and Super Mario 3D Land. Mario games are very fun for me, but the new Mario games these days are way too easy for me.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Okami more difficult bosses or make items more expensive or decrees the flow of money. Shore I fough sloply but thats becouse I had so many holy bones also get rid of godhood. I never died in the game not even to a boss. Make them do high amounts of damage because they were hard to avoid but you wernt punished for it.

Pokemon main game maybe have late game trainers use better teams and have better AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom