• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you were pleasantly surprised by

Ever liked the look of a game but weren't sure if it was the one for you, be it its genre or a franchise you'd never played, but took a gamble and ended up really enjoying it?

If you have then what was the game, what did you enjoy about it and what attracted you to it?

Did it help you break into a franchise?

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I was always scared of the Resident Evil series, but decided to give it a chance and played RE2. Now I've played all of them and love Chris and Ada. (Leon can screw right off).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
dark cloud, mega man legends, legend of dragoon, pandora's tower
just some of the games that i was really unsure going into but ended up liking them quite a lot,hell the last two are some of my favorite games period

Last edited:
Ever liked the look of a game but weren't sure if it was the one for you, be it its genre or a franchise you'd never played, but took a gamble and ended up really enjoying it?

If you have then what was the game, what did you enjoy about it and what attracted you to it?
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
UBIsoft advertised the game to look like pure garbage. Yet another typically terrible UBIsoft game. However I heard that Grant Kirkhope was on the music for this so I took the risk. The end product is quite honestly amazing. Grant's influence here can be felt way past just the music. I would argue it's one of the best UBIsoft developed games in a long long time. I am almost certain that UBIsoft got a lot of advice from Grant outside the music as well. Just playing the game, the evidence of this is very clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom