• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you got bored of too quickly

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Also Bioshock

There is nothing wrong with this game... at least, not how I see it. Which is odd considering I can't get much more than three or four hours of playtime into it despite multiple attempts (I think I beat my previous record by about 40mins last time.)

I don't know what causes me to lose interest. Theoretically Bioshock should be everything I love in video games wrapped up in a neat shiny package. Except the shooting. I'm not particularly fond of shooters but they don't put me off either and nothing about the shooting in Bioshock seems lacking to me so idk what the deal is.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I tried and failed to get into WoW as well and although I play it often I get bored quickly of Animal Crossing New Leaf I just like to check it every now and then.

See I could never get into WoW but the first time I played ACNL - this past spring - omfg I just wanted to play forever. I played that game to death and now I probably won't touch it for another year.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I tried playing the myst port for the 3ds. I got bored of it due to the controls being a pain to work with. I probably would have enjoyed it otherwise as I actually enjoy puzzles.

Most MMOs tend to bore me, I try to get into them and usually play for a while but they start getting repetitive fairly quickly. I also get turned away by the sheer amount of content that I know I likely would never get everything completed.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I tried playing the myst port for the 3ds. I got bored of it due to the controls being a pain to work with. I probably would have enjoyed it otherwise as I actually enjoy puzzles.

Any mention of Myst is going to turn my head. Everyone remembers their first time. Myst was mine :)

Although why anyone's first choice of platform to play Myst on would be anything in the DS line is ... perplexing.

Check it out on gog.com. They've got every version of Myst from Masterpiece to realMyst to realMyst Masterpiece. And get Riven while you're at it. You like puzzles? Riven's got the puzzle for the ages, man. Solving Riven to its conclusion is going to be one of your life's greatest achievements, I assure you.

On topic.

Another game I've never been able to get in to is GTA. any GTA. and I've played several. Every time I get no more than a few missions in and lose interest. It doesn't help that the GTA series for the most part is crap, but open world games they are not. And poorly designed at that. Shoddy mechanics, shallow gameplay and insufferably trite narratives don't exactly leave a positive impression and none of the GTA games I've played give me the impression that they're worth wasting more than a few hours on.

Last edited:
I got bored pretty quickly of The Force Unleashed II because it was really difficult and a side scroller but tried to finish it anyways cause it was a gift from my dad

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I got bored pretty quickly of The Force Unleashed II because it was really difficult and a side scroller but tried to finish it anyways cause it was a gift from my dad
Force Unleashed 2 wasn't a side scroller... It was a complete rehash of the first game(which was really good). Well, actually, Unleashed 2 was way worse than the original but still.

I got bored very quickly of my first DS game - Happy Feet. Don't play it - it's incredibly boring and repetitive. I can't even see how it was published in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom