• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games that physically affected you

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Have you ever played a game that gave you some kind of physical reaction? Something made you feel uneasy or even mildly sick?

Sonic 3d Blast makes me sick, ha. The times I played that game, it always makes my stomach turn b/c of the isometric view and the checkerboard patterns on all the floors. I just can't play it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not usually. There was one day a few months ago when I was playing Breath of the Wild and I started to feel something akin to motion sickness out of nowhere while paragliding. But I think it was just a fluke because I wasn't feeling well before I even began playing. I've also never had that happen before then and it never happened again.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Depends on the physics of a game (if that makes sense?). Like falling down from a high place in one game doesn't bother me (Marvel's Spider-Man), but I'll feel completely uneasy doing the same in another (BotW).

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
There was one and it was a vr style one..oh and the night mother gave me nightmares skyrim...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Not usually. There was one day a few months ago when I was playing Breath of the Wild and I started to feel something akin to motion sickness out of nowhere while paragliding. But I think it was just a fluke because I wasn't feeling well before I even began playing. I've also never had that happen before then and it never happened again.
that actually reminds me of this one time when I was playing a brawl match online, those were set for 2 min and during the entirety of the match, I experienced loss of awareness

I don't know why that happened to me, but it's never happened before or since

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
that actually reminds me of this one time when I was playing a brawl match online, those were set for 2 min and during the entirety of the match, I experienced loss of awareness

I don't know why that happened to me, but it's never happened before or since
For me it was just I had a massive headache but played BotW to get my mind off it. I was just playing as it progressively got worse, to the point I got dizzy and nearly threw up.

I just paused the game and walked to my room and collapsed onto my bed.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've definitely played games with wild or emotional scenes that have given me chills or goosebumps, which I guess is a kind of physical effect. But nah, nothing that's ever made me feel dizzy or sick.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I dont really get motion sick when playing video games, unless I'm playing in a car. This might just be me, but sometimes if I'm playing a section for the first time that is particularly stressful or requires a lot of concentration I'll start visibly shaking. Usually when I finish that part I have to quit the game and just sit there for a minute until my heartrate goes back down. This hasn't happened in a while, although I remember it the first time I played tp in the King Bulbin and Zants hand sections, as well as in the ss silent realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom