• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games That Didn't Meet Your Expectations

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, I expected it to be a proper Kirby game. This game did not meet those expectations.

Why would you expect it be anything remotely close to a "proper Kirby game"? That wasn't even originally going to BE a Kirby game. It's a lot like Star Fox Adventures in that it was a game in development that got a popular IP skin slapped onto it. The only difference is Epic Yarn was at least a pretty decent game, unlike Adventures... What a **** game that was.

Why would you expect it be anything remotely close to a "proper Kirby game"? That wasn't even originally going to BE a Kirby game. It's a lot like Star Fox Adventures in that it was a game in development that got a popular IP skin slapped onto it. The only difference is Epic Yarn was at least a pretty decent game, unlike Adventures... What a **** game that was.

Well, back then I didn't really keep up with video games that much so I hadn't heard of it until I saw it sitting on store shelves. So I said 'Oh, neat, a new Kirby game' and played through it and then said 'Wait that wasn't a Kirby game at all.' I did enjoy it overall though.

Also, it could be the nostalgia talking (i.e. it's the nostalgia) but I really liked Star Fox Adventures. Haven't played it in a very long time though so maybe it is bad.

What was it originally going to be?

Also, is Adventures really that bad? I was thinking about getting it sometime in the future (I don't really care if it isn't a real StarFox game since I'm getting it for the exploration/story).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
What was it originally going to be?

No idea, I just know it wasn't originally planned to be a Kirby game.

Also, is Adventures really that bad? I was thinking about getting it sometime in the future (I don't really care if it isn't a real StarFox game since I'm getting it for the exploration/story).

It's... pretty bad. I'm not going to say it was abysmal, but it was Rareware's only ****-up while they were still with Nintendo.

Big Octo

=^)
Actually, I thought Adventures was pretty good. The gameplay was simple yet fun and the level design was pretty great. The only negative about it is that it's a Starfox game instead of its own IP. I think too many people bash it for this fact and not based on how the game actually is.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
Rayman origins

When I was like 3,4 or 5 I got a Gamecube It was my first video game console me and my dad would always go to Block buster or as I call it now Broke buster and I either got The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Game (mouthful isn't it) some other nick themed game or Rayman 3 which became one of the my all time favorite game along with half-life 1&2, portal and some others. Then Rayman origins came out I'm pretty sure I got it in 2011 with LOZ:SS (my fist zelda game) and portal(my first valve game and fps) then I never touched it until I got my N64 and SNES in 2012 and I've only played it 2 times and I was so disappointed, the thing is... I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Maybe its the graphics, Maybe it's the gameplay or Maybe it's the level design I JUST DON'T KNOW, IT CONFUSES ME WHY I HATE IT. So I guess Rayman origins is a game that didn't live up to my expectations.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Actually, I thought Adventures was pretty good. The gameplay was simple yet fun and the level design was pretty great. The only negative about it is that it's a Starfox game instead of its own IP. I think too many people bash it for this fact and not based on how the game actually is.

No, I criticize it because its gameplay is repetitive, and its level design is sloppy. :/

I don't even try to judge it as a Star Fox game. If I did... I... words wouldn't even be capable of forming together to describe how much of an insult it was to that great franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom