• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games/game Scenes That Made You Cry

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What games/game scenes have made you cry or at least got you on the verge of doing so? What types of scenes tend to do this?

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
The ending to OoT.

The first time I finished it, I literally balled my eyes out for like, 45 min. Now everytime I play it, it's like DON'T CRY YOU PANSY DON'T YOU DARE CRY and there's tears streaming down my face lol.

Other than that, I don't really cry during games. I do get gut wrenched during the ending(s) to games cuz it's like the journey is over, that is it. But so far only OoT has made me cry.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Alright, well. There's 2 games where I was just crying so much.

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core. The ending for that had me crying a lot. After having played FF7 I knew exactly what would eventually happen but boy, I wasn't ready for it. I remember just finishing it still crying and needing to go hug my boyfriend cos it was just so sad! An amazing, amazing ending to a great story.

The second would be Telltale's The Walking Dead adventure game. Was even worse than Crisis Core's because I wasn't just crying at the end, I cried through pretty much the entire end level. Watching everything that happens, which anyone who's played it will know, was just so upsetting. It was never going to be a happy ending but, wow. I really was crying. And I was so sad it was actually finished because that game was brilliant. Had one of the best stories I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying, period. So not just in games, but overall. Lee and Clementine were terrific.

What both those games did was made me genuinely care about the characters. I cared about Zack in CC, and I cared about Lee and Clementine in Walking Dead. And I think that's an extremely powerful tool, making you care. So, good job on both those games for making me bawl my eyes out!

ILU

i luv u
Was watching The Last of Us LP today, and it broke my soul. Cried like a little kid. I haven't been that moved by a game in a long time. Skyward Sword made me cry as well, but TLU was easier to relate to.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I don't really cry that much while playing games, unless I come across a really impacting cutscenes that may be emotional, I may tend to start to cry sometimes. Like, the more previous time I beat OoT, even though I've beaten that game, have seen the ending many times, and have never really cry to the ending before, the more recent time, for personal reasons, I just started breaking into tears. I can't really think of any other times I've cried while playing game other than when I'm struggling with tough parts sometimes, I may break into tears out of frustration. Anyways, all I know is that I have cried before while playing video games at least a few or more times before.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
In hindsight this one is pretty stupid, but...
*Sigh*
I choked some manly tears at Xion's death scene in KH Days...

Screw that game, but that scene man... Got my feels.

I don't think I've ever cried from a game, but the closest I came was probably Final Fantasy X's ending. While I played through FFX, I actually grew attached to the characters, except Khimari of course.

But when Tidus disappeared when Yuna ran to embrace him, then hit the floor and said "Thank you", that brought up all my feels.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Though I'm a very sensitive person, I typically don't cry whenever a sad scene occurs in a video game. Movies maybe, but video games very rarely will I ever cry. That being said, there is only a few instances where I have shed a tear or two. That was during Skyward Sword. SS did an excellent job with it's storyline and how it was portrayed, and did make me get a little emotional here and there.

The first scene that made me tear up was without a doubt Hylia (Zelda's) beginning of a one thousand (1,000) year sleep. What started as an explanation turned into a blessing, and then an apology, of which then escalated further from there. You can see the emotion the two had in this scene. Hylia was clearly disappointed in herself for not telling Link about their situation earlier, and Link was stunned and shocked by this whole reveal. Just looking at her face, you can see how sad she is, yet confident that she knows she's doing the right thing. And that's when things go downhill from there (in a good way).

Hylia stands upon the pedestal of sorts, and begins to explain how she must face the consequences. Though she doesn't speak, the tone in her words says it enough for me. She's sad, and perhaps a bit frustrated as well, about what she has done to Link. So much that when she finally turns to face him, she cries. Zelda, though being controlled by Hylia, is a character I would have never expected to cry, but there she was, shedding tears. Then there's Link. Standing there shocked, and as soon as Hylia begins to enclose herself, he chases after her, nearly tripping up the steps, just to stop her. But as soon as he gets there, it's too late. Here Hylia was, nearly emotionless behind an almost unbreakable barrier, and she has to stay there for thousands of years. That's thousands of years she won't step foot outside, interact with others, and most importantly, spend time with the person who risked life and blood to save here. But that wasn't even the worst part.

3oQ09.jpg

Let's just talk about this for a second. Here's this hero, who started off as a young boy no less, crying. He started off small, but grew into something bigger than most would expect. He faced challenge, after challenge, after challenge to rescue his best friend -- quite possibly, the woman he loves. He risked life and limb, and was going to save her no matter the blood, sweat and tears he had to endure. He's shed some the blood, perspired some sweat, but here were the tears. After chasing after her for so long, only to have her sealed away for thousands of years, just crushed him. I've never seen Link be so emotional before. Though we see a few shocked expressions and half-smiles here and there in other titles, this was finally one were we got to see something extraordinary. This, this was what made Link seem real. When getting to her in time didn't work, and attempting to break the barrier failed as well, he admitted defeat. He knew that getting her back would be his biggest challenge yet, and he wasn't going to stop until he could talk to her -- see her smile once again.

That scene, that was one that made me cry. Though there have been a few more, that was one I wanted to go in depth with.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Mother 3's ending-bawled like a baby. Also, the scene in Final Fantasy 6 where Celes tries to commit suicide had me in tears.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
There's one thing i'm sure of that 4 games have made me cry, BUT I only remember 3 of the 4 times. MAJOR SPOILERS

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR LOZ: SS
1. The first game to make me cry was my first zelda game EVER and the first game to make me cry Skyward sword it was the scene when Zelda encased in the crystal until you destroy demise.
SPOILERS FOR LOZ: MM
2. I think this is the third time I cried in a game. It was at the end of the Majora's Mask side quest with Kafei and Anju. After you get Kafei's mask back you go to Anju's house and wait for Kafei while the moon is about to collide with the earth (no biggie) Kafei get to Anju's house at the couple of minutes until Termina is wiped off the earth. Then Anju and Kafei get married daaawww, did I mention that Kafei is cursed to look 10 for the rest of his life.
SPOILERS FOR FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING
3. The most resent case of a game making me cry was in Fire Emblem: Awakening when exalt Emm dies in chapter.... IDK 8 or 9 maybe 10. I don't remember much from it though I really just remember Emm getting shot by an archer and Chrom running to her and Chorm becomes the new exalt thats all I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom