• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Gamepad or Pro Controller?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Which do you use as your primary method of controlling the game. Gamepad or Pro Controller? Why one or the other?

Me I use the Pro Controller, the Gamepad is really unwieldy and people who claim that it is comfortable...such a joke for me lol.

Big Octo

=^)
Although I haven't played the game yet, I'd probably start off with the GamePad to make the experience even more unique. Though, the painfully low battery life of the controller also seems like a turn-off, especially if I plan to play the game in large sittings. I'd probably find myself switching methods partway through the game, even if I have to sacrifice some of the conveniences the GamePad offers.

Mido

Version 1
I'm afraid I don't own the Pro Controller, so the Gamepad it is!

Big Octo said:
Though, the painfully low battery life of the controller also seems like a turn-off.

When you're playing a game like Wind Waker, I definitely understand what you mean, having dealt with the issue during my Arkham City playthrough! I guess that means that my Gamepad charger'll come in handy hopefully. :yes:

V

Vkn1981

First time wii u owner with the zelda bundle! Gamepad is really cool and surprisingly comfortable! I'm loving it. Also, the game itself is stunning in HD. Nintendo did a great job.

Fig

The Altruist
I really enjoy utilizing the game with GamePad because it allows me to have a more proper game environment along with the many features capable of being done such as Miiverse. In fact, I spend a lot of time on Miiverse itself a little bit more than WWHD, but that's for another story. :lol: To me, the GamePad is more comfortable to use in such a game as WWHD! :love:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I haven't actually played the remake, I plan to once I re-buy the Wii U, hopefully it will get up and running soon. Anyway, just from personal experience, the Wii U GamePad is surprisingly comfortable, it's actually a lot smaller than you think and it fits nicely. In my personal opinion, it's Nintendo's second best controller, comfort wise, but it's Nintendo's best in terms of convenience.

So not only is it easy to use, but there are so many uses that it easily beats the Pro Controller, the using both screens, motion controls etc. I can see why people might prefer the Pro Controller for possible easier usage, going for the classic route, but you're missing out if you don't use the GamePad.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When I start out, I'll definitely play with the Gamepad. After getting a feel for that, I may switch to the Pro controller, depending on how things go.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Do not own a Pro Controller, so gotta go with the gamepad. From what I've seen anyway, the gamepad looks like it's more fun and useful, so I think the gamepad is the choice for me either way.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Tried Gamepad...thought Pro Controller would be better...but reaching for that Y button is awkward as hell and there's no map on the bottom of the screen, so I constantly have to pause on the ocean and--I think I prefer the Gamepad.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
When I played the demo at Best Buy, the gamepad actually felt great for the game. It felt right in a way. I do actually say it's comfortable and have no problems with it.

Deeds

no text
Sadly, because I live in the UK, I can't get the game until the 4th of October... But when I do finally get it, I reckon I'll start off using the gamepad and then switch to the Pro Controller - That's usually how it works for me with Wii U games, haha.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, after doing the GamePad again...GamePad. I get lost on sea with the Pro Controller...and reaching for that X button is awkward as hell.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What? Seriously?

Yes. Right thumb is typically on the right analog stick, and reaching down - especially in the middle of action - is just weird. I have a video uploading in a sec, mayhaps it will show this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom