• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

Mint Elv

Fish!
In your scenario I would know. That's not a slip, I'm talking in your hypothetical.

I targeted both DW and Mint because they were my top scum reads early on. I did not expect a green check, but in your scenario I should have.
That’s not the way you worded that. Looked more like a slip than some hypothetical situation.

Also interesting that you decided to suddenly vote OG because he voted you. Do you now believe he’s mafia? Who is his scum buddy? Why not push for your top scumread?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
That’s not the way you worded that. Looked more like a slip than some hypothetical situation.

Also interesting that you decided to suddenly vote OG because he voted you. Do you now believe he’s mafia? Who is his scum buddy? Why not push for your top scumread?
If he's voting for me my only hope is that he's scum and there aren't two other scum who can hammer me.

It was not a slip, I was talking in hypotheticals and continued to do so in that post. My attention is divided because I'm having an early birthday dinner tonight.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
My guess is that neither me nor OG is scum but the possibility of winning if he's not is close to zero with him voting for me and leaving until the deadline.

In your scenario I would know. That's not a slip, I'm talking in your hypothetical.

I targeted both DW and Mint because they were my top scum reads early on. I did not expect a green check, but in your scenario I should have.
Mints correct that the language is all wrong for a hypothetical. Your tenses are factual and not fictional. The fact that your attention is diverted is a point in favor of a slip of the tongue, not a detraction from it.

Also I find it interesting that your top two suspects were the two that were pushing for Jamie prior to the red check.

It's also interesting that you don't assume OG modified his vote strength.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Rubik You didn’t answer my other questions. Who is the scum team in your head?

I was expecting one or more of DW/HHH to flip red and the final slot could realistically be any of the remaining players depending on who we lynched and what abilities they flipped. You are my lowest priority lynch but I've still got some suspicion of you until we get a GF flip or we see DW's alignment.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Mints correct that the language is all wrong for a hypothetical. Your tenses are factual and not fictional. The fact that your attention is diverted is a point in favor of a slip of the tongue, not a detraction from it.

Also I find it interesting that your top two suspects were the two that were pushing for Jamie prior to the red check.

It's also interesting that you don't assume OG modified his vote strength.
Because I know in the present that it's factual and I would know in the past that it were factual if I were scum.

It's not a slip.

I didn't suspect Jamie until I got a red result on him. I was pocketed.

If he modified vote strength I'm not really sure how that would change my play here. If he's town, town loses. If he's scum, town needs to lynch him asap.

Because I know in the present that it's factual and I would know in the past that it were factual if I were scum.

It's not a slip.

I didn't suspect Jamie until I got a red result on him. I was pocketed.

If he modified vote strength I'm not really sure how that would change my play here. If he's town, town loses. If he's scum, town needs to lynch him asap.
In a hypothetical we don't speak like anything is fact but that everything is supposition. "If I were...", "I would have...", "if that were the case..." etc. Your previous posts use this tense system when you speak hypothetically. That's why this maybe slip stands out, because you didn't. But only time will tell there.

What exactly pocketed you in regards to Jamie?

I probably don't disagree with throwing a hail Mary vote there. But I don't see town not thinking they are already dead when they do it. And I don't see them OMGUS'ing there either (in a case where they haven't previously been suspecting OG specifically). I see them dumping everything into their last best shot hoping they aren't dead and the rest of town gets on board behind them. But that's just me.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
In a hypothetical we don't speak like anything is fact but that everything is supposition. "If I were...", "I would have...", "if that were the case..." etc. Your previous posts use this tense system when you speak hypothetically. That's why this maybe slip stands out, because you didn't. But only time will tell there.

What exactly pocketed you in regards to Jamie?

I probably don't disagree with throwing a hail Mary vote there. But I don't see town not thinking they are already dead when they do it. And I don't see them OMGUS'ing there either (in a case where they haven't previously been suspecting OG specifically). I see them dumping everything into their last best shot hoping they aren't dead and the rest of town gets on board behind them. But that's just me.
I know that it's true now, and I would have known it was true then if your assertions were true. In the context, I was defending how what happened wouldn't make sense given what I would have known.

They made a lot of posts and seemed to generally agree with my perspective and they gave me a town lean pretty early on. I was hoping I'd made a good town ally early on.

This is literally the best wagon for me right now. If OG is town, town loses because two scum can hammer me. If OG is scum and can't do his vote trick again, town has a chance to win by lynching him. There's no reason for me to try to put a wagon on anyone else unless I expect him to unvote, which he claimed that he won't do since he'll likely miss deadline.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If you want a reason to vote for OG, he was defended heavily by Jamie, was hesitant to vote Jamie, took the hammer off Jamie, and got caught in a lie about his role.

All of this looks worse than me and my one poor wording choice considering that I provided both a red check and generated a green check this game.

Do I think OG might just be a rookie who messed up? Yes, still I do. But at this point I have to hope he's just genuinely scum.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Do I think OG might just be a rookie who messed up? Yes, still I do. But at this point I have to hope he's just genuinely scum.
I don’t see this as a town mindset. Instead of pushing your real scumleans you are just hoping for the best? Why not push your real scumreads?

HHH and I went back and forth on stuff for a while and OG is far from inactive. You waited until OG voted you to vote or make your stance.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don’t see this as a town mindset. Instead of pushing your real scumleans you are just hoping for the best? Why not push your real scumreads?

HHH and I went back and forth on stuff for a while and OG is far from inactive. You waited until OG voted you to vote or make your stance.

Assuming OG is town:

If both Mint and HHH are scum, you should just hammer me or him and be done with it. This doesn't really make sense at this point so I've now learned that you two aren't both scum unless you just happen to like playing with your food.

Otherwise, if one of you is town and the other is scum and DW is the remaining scum with you, we have already lost since they can both pile on OG's wagon on me before deadline. My wagon on OG doesn't change the fact that scum can choose to win this game at any point if OG is town.

Therefore, town has lost if OG is town and if OG is scum there's no reason not to vote for him, from my perspective.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I have been sitting back for much of the game because that's how a strong investigative role should play imo, but in this end game position I am pretty lost as to what to do. I haven't played LyLo well, ultimately, and I'm struggling to read much of anything at this point and having been hoping for mechanics to help carry me though the end stages. The fact that both Ragnarokio and Minish died last night made it harder for me to sheep an opinion from someone I trust and has also diminished the number of players who trust that I'm town (Minish believed my claim pretty readily since I provided the mention of miller interaction and Rag was the one who created the result that I got and probably knew that I would never lynch her given her current activity level).

Literally nothing makes sense if I'm scum here, and I'm shocked that I'm even in contention for a lynch here, and I'm hoping that it's only being seriously considered because scum started the wagon.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I’m passing out literally, and know I won’t be on for phase change.

On the Min and Rag stuff that’s something I’ve personally done to look town. “Why kill whom was on my side?”

And something feels off about the never lynch Rag part.

So tired so I’m probably not making the best sense sorry. Just go with gut feelings this time.

Vote: Rubik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom