• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
sometimes i find you become a little bit paranoid and fatalistic when you play mafia

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
sometimes i find you become a little bit paranoid and fatalistic when you play mafia
Its an act. Always is. Sometimes i feel like the games go "storm is a good mafia distraction. Let him live suspiciously long enough, then lynch/kill him then we can actually play"

HangryHangryHippo died!
Princess Abigail died!
deal-norris-small.gif

HangryHangryHippo will now sub-in for mastermind lissi.
hank-from-breaking-bad-xd.gif

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Okay? What does that mean?
Sorry. I forgot you were still sperm wheb that movie came out

You see in 2011 Adam Sandler made a movie called Jack and Jill. Which is a movie in which Adam Sandler plays both his main character and his twin sister. Al Pacino falls for the sister and comes down with a headache. So adam sandler's character has to pretend to be his sister, while also trying to get Al Pacino to sign up for a Dunkin Donuts commercial. This was the commercial.

Hello my name is Storm. I have low grade ADHD and am a High Functioning Autistic. Just laugh and move on...

Always hurts my self esteem introducing myself to new people

" Storm is Storm"

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
hi storm i like your hard to follow pop culture references

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Sorry. I forgot you were still sperm wheb that movie came out

You see in 2011 Adam Sandler made a movie called Jack and Jill. Which is a movie in which Adam Sandler plays both his main character and his twin sister. Al Pacino falls for the sister and comes down with a headache. So adam sandler's character has to pretend to be his sister, while also trying to get Al Pacino to sign up for a Dunkin Donuts commercial. This was the commercial.

Hello my name is Storm. I have low grade ADHD and am a High Functioning Autistic. Just laugh and move on...

Always hurts my self esteem introducing myself to new people

" Storm is Storm"
Alrighty nice to meet you Storm.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer

"Oh my god. Ohmygodohmygod."

"****. Calm down John. Panicking will only out us."

"I'M CALM. ImcalmImcalm."

"Hey, John, what do we do?"

"It's them or us. We will blend in for as long as we can and take our shots."

"Right. I think I saw one of them by themselves in another room. I think I can take care of them."

"Go for it."

Beryllium died!
Welcome Guz!

1200px-Jack_playing_cards.jpg

You're Jack, the Knave!
You're one of the Jacks, so you're Town aligned JOAT!

I'll apologize in advance, but your role has a really intricate part to it... lmao

You start with the following JOAT shots:
> 2x Double or Nothing*
> 1x All-in*
> 2x Showdown*

> You will receive a JOKER card at the end of each Night. You can hold a maximum of 3 JOKER cards at a time. JOKER cards can be used to obtain better outcomes in the Showtime ability. Activate a JOKER card by declaring a card value (2-10, J, Q, K, A) and a valid color (Red/Black) for it.

You win when all direct threats to Town are removed from the game!
Use your role wisely, good luck, and have fun!
> Double or Nothing: You can activate this ability during the Day. Vote becomes worth 2 votes during Day Phase, but be unable to Unvote until the end of the Day Phase. If the player you voted doesn't get lynched at the end of that Day Phase, you'll become Voteless during the next Day Phase.

> All-in: You can activate this ability during the Day. Vote becomes worth 4 votes during Day Phase, but unable to Unvote until the end of the Day Phase. If the player you voted doesn't get lynched you'll become Voteless for the rest of the game.

> Showdown: You can activate this ability during the Day. Select a wagon (group of people voting the same Player). At the end of the Day, an effect will be occur based on the chosen wagon. A detailed explanation on possible effects and how they're decided will be given on the second post.
The following is a list on what effects your Showdown ability might trigger (from lowest scoring to highest scoring):
> One Pair: Target a Player in the chosen wagon. Their action will not consume a shot during the Night.
> Two Pair: Target two Players in the chosen wagon. Their action will not consume a shot during the Night.
> Three of a Kind: If a Player was in the chosen wagon, their actions will not consume a shot during the Night.
> Straight: Target a Player in the chosen wagon. Obtain a random copy of one of their used JOAT shots.
> Flush: Target a Player in the chosen wagon. Obtain a random copy of one of their remaining JOAT shots.
> Full House: Target a Player in the chosen wagon. After they die you can use any of the remaining JOAT shots they had.
> Four of a Kind: Target a Player in the chosen wagon. Remove any passive modifier they possess.
> Straight Flush / Five of a Kind: Only during the next Cycle you gain an alternate win condition in addition to your own (Jester + Unjester).

The following is an explanation on how your Showdown ability works. Keep in mind that how the outcome is decided is being explained for the sake of clarity, and that understanding it is not essential for your role:
> Each Player has two card values associated to themselves. First one is public, as seen in the Player List. The Second value is hidden, and randomized each Day Phase.

> The Second value will be always be equal to the First value of a person that shares alignment with them (Self Aligned Players count as Town for this). This can NOT be affected by passive modifiers that affect Alignment Cop results such as Godfather and Miller.

> The cards also have a suit, designated by a color (Red/ Black). The color of a suit is determined by the Player's alignment (Self Aligned Players count as Mafia for this). This can be affected by passive modifiers that affect Alignment Cop results such as Godfather and Miller.

> Your result will always be the highest scoring effect possible using 5 of the cards available from the players in the wagon you chose. Cards with the highest value will be used in the case of non-scoring cards.

D2 STARTS NOW
Day ends in ~71h35m.
If this is not a good time for the updates feel free to request for a shortening or extending the phase so it ends at a more convenient time.

Phase ends on Feburary 28th, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom