• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game of the Year Chances?

For reviewers, I'd say it's about 33% what with Batman and Skyrim, since they're all extremely good.
For the populace, almost no chance, because most of them will just vote for CoD or Skyrim, because "Nintendo's lame. shooting other people is fun! Yay, mindless violence!"

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
*sigh* once again, it isn't mindless violence. It's very clearly one side versus the other; that's how it is in Zelda, that's how it is in any fighting/action/shooting game in existence.

To clarify, it would be the Russian forces versus the Americans, the SAS, whatever factions ingame. That isn't mindless at all.
In Zelda, it'd be good versus evil. Y'know, Link vs...all the enemies in the game. Neither is mindless, modern day Zelda fans just don't seem to understand that. :/

Shooting people IS fun, believe it or not. But, wouldn't you say slashing is even more fun, because Zelda fans say Skyward Sword's 1:1 gameplay is amazing (I do too!). Don't bag on other series just because they like what you don't, and especially not because it doesn't change despite having multiple releases. :/

Actually, it does change between releases. It gets WORSE! I, being the weirdo that I am, for some reason don't like shooting relatively innocent people for fun(shooting zombies is okay. that's saving them from a endless eternity in a joyless, monstrous, animated carcass)

never liked Elder Scrolls games. after more then 40 hours they are just boring to me. also they feel very unpolished, i know that bugs are inevitable in huge game like Skyrim, but they came in the most awkward moments in the game, plus the story is weak compared to the game world.
dudes, you can't try to compare Skyrin and Skyward, the one is an open world sandbox RPG that is main idea is wondering off into the land. Modern Zelda games are more abut creating interesting gameplay mechanics and clever levels. Skyward is abut bringing great amount of content in clever ways to an area (dungeon or evan landscape) and exploring of a certain goal. Skyrim is abut taking the world in play at your pace.
I'm saying that because they are the biggest runner ups for GOTY/ they are great in they're own ways.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
As much as I love the game I'm thinking it'll be Skyrim or Batman. Because like RegalBryant said, Nintendo's lame to so many hardcore gamers. As for the reviewers: I'm not sure. It's definitely possible but there is just so much hype behind batman and Skyrim.
I definitely think Skyward Sword deserves to win though. I've played Batman and it's awesome; but not SS awesome.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
It is going to be incredibly close! I mean probably within three votes tops between the three of them. And yes, a valid point has been made. Nintendo is a bit on the nerdy side to "cool" gamers. Now, don't get me wrong. CoD and Halo are incredible franchises, but the only game the "cool" gamers are going to vote for is Batman Arkham City because it's, well, Batman. What with the recent success of The Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum, I think the ones who senselessly shoot stuff are gonna go for it. Why not Skyrim? Tell me truthfully. Does the name The Elder Scrolls sound anything other than nerdy? It sounds like something out of WoW. Now I love TES. I love Skyrim. It is an amazing game. But the press has always been partial to Zelda. Why? If it weren't for Zelda, we wouldn't have hardly any good games nowadays. We wouldn't have Halo, CoD, TES, or even Portal. Hell, there wouldn't even be Super Smash Bros. Zelda was the second true success of a series (after Super Mario Bros.) and third true success of a video game (Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong).

Skyward Sword simply is above and beyond those two games, though, regardless of how the votes go. Hours mean nothing. Open-Endedness means nothing. Does the fact that you hardly ever stop playing Minecraft because it is so open-ended make it better than The Legend of Zelda? Of course not. The plot of the games, the playability, the, well, everything (in combination). Zelda has never ceased to amaze in that department, an the combination that is Skyward Sword was like a nuke. Blew me out of the water. It gets my vote, without a doubt.

I forgot, but there will be plenty of votes for Portal 2, as well. but on the bright side, while all the Xbox fans will be divided, pretty much every nintenerd will be for SS, because we actually played the game, and know it's the best.(yay, nostalgic bias!)

G

GamezMasterJr.

I haven't had the chance to play Skyrim, but I can admit I was a huge Oblivion fan and the game looks amazing. But I have mostly been absorbed and currently am still playing through Skyward Sword so naturally that's all I can currently think about. At any rate though, at least in my area according to the commercials I've been seeing on Spike I believe Dec. 10th they are having the video games award, Skyward Sword as well as a few other titles will be given Game of the Year. I'm assuming more info will be given closer to time, but really wont know more until then. In my opinion though I think Skyward Sword has just as good a shot as any of the other games mentioned but it'll be hard to say. I've also played Arkham City and Uncharted 3 which were both amazing games. But if it were up to me, and it's my opinion is I'd give it to Skyward Sword. It is a huge step from the past games in the franchise, and I agree it isn't as big as Skyrim, but it does have in my opinion a better storyline.

Z

zeldamaster123

I really think that it will ultimately come down to Skyrim and Skyward Sword. From there, I cannot say which game will win GOTY, but I really hope that SS does. I will continue to cast my votes for SS in the voting based GOTY systems (like g4 and spike) and hope for the best. I really want SS to be GOTY. MAY THE LEGEND LIVE ON!

My top 5 fav. Zeldas:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Twilight Princess
4. Majora's Mask
5. Windwaker

M

Minda446

Skyward Sword is winning so far, It's managed to beat Batman and Uncharted 3, i think it can beat Skyrim.

I am playing Batman Arkham city right now. It is a very good game.
But Skyward Sword is on a whole different level.

Let's try and get Zelda to beat Skyrim! (assuming this is even possible due to the G4TV's biasedness and possiblity of manipulating the score)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Ladies and Gentlemen, 20 hours remain in the Game of the Year Deathmatch for G4TV. It is Assassin's Creed Revelations and our very own Skyward Sword. I gave you the top two games that were SS's competish earlier, and we triumphed over them 51-49. Both of them. I encourage you to vote online for Skyward sword, because we are almost to the finish. We have beaten the greatest games of the year (besides SS). If we lose to a pushover game, where would all of the dignity be?

We have 20 hours as of this post. Have a good day and a merry CHRISTmas.

why dark soul couldn`t be game of the year? sure it target a less vast audience than the other but it is an amazingly designed game as i head with a great universe, open wprd and difficulty

ps: and im not an fanboy of that game, i didin`t even buy it. look amazing but i would need to give it too much tiem to master it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom