• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME HELP: First Lock in Ancient Cistern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know what to do. Obviously, I've checked the walkthroughs and know the pattern that is supposed to be used (top, bottom, left, right). But no matter what I do, it won't open up the damn door! Sometimes I mess up, so I wait for the arrow thing to go back to the top of the dial. But even if I do it perfectly, it just doesn't open! I've even tried top, bottom, right, left, in case something is wrong with my game. But even that doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please?

:(

Are you sure you're hitting them from the right direction? I found that I really needed to watch the direction I swung my sword at the locks in order to open them. I'd try striking them at a straighter angle.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Now, I have absolutely no idea if this will work or not, but it's worth a try. Since you're using a walkthrough, did you skip over what you're actually supposed to do? Maybe the game actually registers once you've seen all the directions, and only then will it allow you to open the door. I believe you can find the directions on that large statue in the center room of the dungeon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the directions are on the statue's two hands, and then in the lower half of the statue's back and then the upper half.

Now, I have absolutely no idea if this will work or not, but it's worth a try. Since you're using a walkthrough, did you skip over what you're actually supposed to do? Maybe the game actually registers once you've seen all the directions, and only then will it allow you to open the door. I believe you can find the directions on that large statue in the center room of the dungeon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the directions are on the statue's two hands, and then in the lower half of the statue's back and then the upper half.

I thought of that. I made sure and went and did the hands so they would close. That didn't work either. The walkthrough said you didn't need to do that, but I did it just in case. It still didn't work. I'll try one more time today, and then I'm giving up.

Are you sure you're hitting them from the right direction? I found that I really needed to watch the direction I swung my sword at the locks in order to open them. I'd try striking them at a straighter angle.

Each petal of the flower lock lit up when I hit it. I can't hit it any better than that. I tried to do it as straight as I could.

Finally got through. I did end up going and at least looking at each part of the puzzle, even though I don't know what good that did. This time around, I did happen to get each lock part on the first try. I don't know if that made a difference either. But at least I'm through! Now I'm just putting off fighting that first Stalfos! ;)

Last edited:
Question answered, so...

threadlocked.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom