• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

G4 Attacks Skyward Sword.

Billy Ninja, I am a 16 year old hard-core Halo fan from the beginning and I highly disagree with what they're saying. I've been a Zelda fan for the majority of my life and I think that SS's graphics are the best graphics I have ever seen... period. So yes, I agree with you about Zelda's gameplay, but I don't think that your assumption about Halo fans is true... just sayin. I just felt compelled to share that. No hard feelings;)

I like Halo too, I'm just saying that it's not a commentary expected from 25+ graduated professionals. Not because it attacked a game I'm hyping, but because they are plain and shallow observations indeed.

About being childish and unreallistic...Most of the more mature shooters stands as The Expendables, while Zelda games stands as Pixar movies, but in a interactive media perspective.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
G4 is really meh. Adam and Morgan are complainers, that is established. Granted, I understand their comments because they're older and in need of more thrill. That's perfectly okay, as is their complaining about Zelda and Nintendo in general. I could careless if they don't like Skyward Sword, because it is an opinion and what does an opinion mean to someone who doesn't hold it? Dirt nothing, I'd say.

As everyone has said, graphics don't mean anything to a game. OOH, it looks SOOO REALISTIC. Does it contribute to the gameplay? In no possible way does it, besides the capability of making things look so flashy. Whatever, not so important. I would play an OoT graphics game before I even touch HD Zelda (unless, y'know, it is HD Ocarina of Time), simply because I know that as graphics get better, the gameplay gets worse. That is especially true of a good deal of franchises on the PS3/360/Wii.

TL;DR G4's opinions are nearly worthless in regards to finding a GOOD opinion (meaning, well thought out and backed, not just a bunch of whining and complaining).

I do not understand why they think Zelda needs to be as graphics heavy as Uncharted.. that is just silly.

HD yeah that would be nice...

Dan

Interesting , I don't know much about ss been trying to avoid a lot of info to make the game that much better when I play it.

Adam Sessler: Zelda. I think it is curious. Of course I'm going to play it, but it's not drawing up that same level of enthusiasm that a Zelda game usually would.
Ok fair enough , Hype is nothing to go by in my opinion , although all Zelda games have been successful , people have not actually played the game yet, there's been a lot of enthusiasm for new sonic games the past decade, New screenshots get released depicting the game going back to it's roots , game is released and everyone's disappointed , I'm sure most of you have heard of the sonic cycle.
1219784882919by0.png

Morgan Webb: *Yawns* Okay, I think basically what it is is that you show Zelda and then right after that we showed Uncharted, and just the difference in graphics and just adult nature of Uncharted...the graphics were beautiful.

I don't really have anything against this comment , it's all in a matter of taste some people just don't like colorful 'toony' graphics unless of course he was referring to the fact that zelda isn't hd and tjhe hardware behind it isn't as powerful to run graphics like unchanted 3 etc.

Adam Sessler: And the evolution of gameplay...it doesn't feel like we've really graduated from what we experienced in Ocarina of Time.

You can say that about a lot of games , pokemon , cod , ratchet and clank, The reason the core gameplay doesn't change is simply because it's superb already, there are tweaks of course which keep it from going stale and at the end of the day I find it fun.

Morgan Webb: And how great would a Zelda game be on a modern console with modern graphics. We're never going to see that.

No mr webb I disagree , how great would it be if a Zelda game was made for the pc which has better graphics than modern game consoles , because it's all about graphics isn't it ?

Joking aside , I wouldn't get upset at other people's opinion , morgan and Adam have a right to say whatever they want , it's how you perceive it. I like the game shadow the hedgehog and everyone hates that , I respect that, however I don't let it spoil my fun with the game.

P.S i'm aware I construct my sentences really poor , I do have a hard time writing what's on my mind. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Wow. My hate for Adam Sessler just went WAYYY up. I've always known he was an idiot, but this just confirms my thoughts. How can he think that there's been no evolution since Ocarina of Time. Hello? Motion controls, bird flying, upgrade system?? Just wait, G4 will give Skyward Sword a 3/5 while other sites give it close to perfect.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Yeah if I was there with them I would of been like "what do you mean Zelda has not changed since OOT?, have you not noticed the gameplay? and what do you mean by "And how great would a Zelda game be on a modern console with modern graphics. We're never going to see that. " have you not seen the Wii U?, yeah I would of made them look bad if I was there because they completely bashed Skyward Sword because it does not have "modern graphics".

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Sorry for this comment people!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Calm down, Cuju, it isn't serious. G4 isn't a site/channel to be taken seriously, it never was and never will be if the current outlook stays the same.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
As much as they have a right to say what they want, it seems like they don't know much of what they are saying. The gameplay has most certainly changed. Especially in regards to Skyward Sword, Nintendo has constantly stated that the gameplay will be different. Also... what does he mean not enough enthusiasm? Last I checked, there were a lot of people excited for this game. And as for graphics... as great a graphics are, they aren't what make/break a game by any means. I've played games with amazing graphics, but when it came down to the story, there was nothing there, or the controls were vague and confusing, and just in general, there was nothing to make you want to play the game. So, as nice as graphics are, they aren't the top priority.
But, as I said, they can say what they want. It's not like it is going to change how great the game/series is.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The rage is still there, and it always will be, as long as anyone doubts that Skyward Sword is the savior this year needs, with so many worthless FPS games that will be greatly anticipated, and then abandoned after a few months. Us Zelda fans will be playing Skyward Sword ten years from now, and we will laugh in the faces of the graphic whores. I salute my fellow Zelda lovers!

It's G4.

They bash Nintendo for a living. They give awful reviews, and their hate isn't always Nintendo exclusive, they bash other companies unfairly here and there, but their primary hate revolves around Nintendo.

*Points to their Metroid Other M review*

^
Case and point.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
The rage is still there, and it always will be, as long as anyone doubts that Skyward Sword is the savior this year needs, with so many worthless FPS games that will be greatly anticipated, and then abandoned after a few months. Us Zelda fans will be playing Skyward Sword ten years from now, and we will laugh in the faces of the graphic whores. I salute my fellow Zelda lovers!

I totally agree with you. As much as they want to bash it, they're only going to increase the interest in Skyward Sword. Especially afterward when people decide to tell them how wrong they were.
Besides, which is more often played now: Majora's Mask, from eleven years ago, or a not-the-most-recent Call of Duty game?

To add onto what I said earlier, do you really see any Call of Duty fans that still play CoD 1 anymore? How about Halo fans? And how many people do you suspect are out there playing the Zelda that came out in 1986? CoD 1 came out in 2003. Halo 1 came out in 2001. Zelda has been around for 25 years. It is Nintendo's most storied franchise and probably the most storied franchise in all of gaming. That Morgan person shouldn't have the right to give a game that's been around since she was six a review that makes it look like a piece of **** and say that Uncharted is better just because the graphics are better.

Last edited:
S

Spazz

I think some of you are over-reacting. They gave TP a rating of 5 out of 5 and made it their game of the year in 2006.

Sessler does have a bone to pick with Nintendo, mainly because he's never been a fan of motion control. He's of the opinion that it's kind of a fad and has a limit to where it can go in gaming.

Webb is actually a pretty big Zelda mark so hearing her say she's unimpressed with SS surprised me a bit, but she's also a fan of a more adult looking/oriented Zelda game. I am too, but I'm still excited about what I've seen so far. If SS graphics looked like what we saw from that Wii U demonstration at E3, they probably would have been kinder in this segment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom