• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword FYI a Game Breaking Glitch Has Been Discovered

S

sf8

Thanks I'll do that later. From now on I'll be keeping a backup just in case it screws up

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Here is the definitive answer directly from Nintendo.
We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zelda1993

I always do the Thunder Dragons Quest first and nothing has gone wrong when I did it.

I am not trying to get too spoilerish for the game but letting myself go just enough to get a grasp of this glitch. I am not at the Hero Quest yet but I have talked to that Goro dude a bunch of times since I was trying to see if I could enter that small channel he is chipping away at. Do I have anything to worry about since I have talked to that Goron numerous times?

J

JavelinMan

Unfortunately, I think I'm experiencing this glitch... But I never got the song from Lanaryu.

I beat Bilocyte, Levias told me to find the 3 parts of the song of heros ect ect and I went to Sealed Grounds in Faron. Nothing happened. When I talked to the old woman, she says something about a dragon in the desert. So I went there, thinking this was how it was supposed to go. I went into the Gorge and found the dragon's skeleton, but nothing to do there either. No timeshift stones anywhere, one locked door. Finally I went to the Volcano, nothing again.

I thought I was just missing something but when I started reading walk thrus I realized something was wrong :( None of the events ever happened from the get go. I don't know which is worse, having to use a generic save file from the net, or the hours I spent wondering around thinking I was just stupid...

Anyone else get this or am I just lucky?

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
umm i did the thunder dragon first on my second playthrough and i was still able to finish the game without any problems. Maybe because i didnt speak with Golo

S

Seymour

Unfortunately, I think I'm experiencing this glitch... But I never got the song from Lanaryu.

I beat Bilocyte, Levias told me to find the 3 parts of the song of heros ect ect and I went to Sealed Grounds in Faron. Nothing happened. When I talked to the old woman, she says something about a dragon in the desert. So I went there, thinking this was how it was supposed to go. I went into the Gorge and found the dragon's skeleton, but nothing to do there either. No timeshift stones anywhere, one locked door. Finally I went to the Volcano, nothing again.

I thought I was just missing something but when I started reading walk thrus I realized something was wrong :( None of the events ever happened from the get go. I don't know which is worse, having to use a generic save file from the net, or the hours I spent wondering around thinking I was just stupid...

Anyone else get this or am I just lucky?

I got something similar, yet not the same. After I talked to Levias I went to Faron woods, and I got a message from Fi saying 'And unexplained phenomenon' is stopping me from landing directly into Faron Woods and I had to land at the sealed grounds. When I did nothing happened. Did you get that? At first I thought it was just part of the story, you know, not being able to do the Water Dragon first.

However after that I went to Eldin Volcano and the event triggered and I beat it. After that I went back to Faron woods and still nothing happened. So I went and did the thunder dragon event THEN the Water Dragon event triggered when I went into faron woods.

Not having read anything about the glitch at that point I just thought you couldn't do the Water Dragons quest until you had beaten the Fire and Thunder Dragons, but now I find out you're supposed to be able to do them in any order. There might be a glitch with the whole system in general, so in your case I would try to complete the thunder dragons quest and go from there.

J

JavelinMan

yeah, that's what I got, except no volcano event...

I'll try beating the thunder dragon part first, hopefully then the other events will trigger.

Edit: after I beat the thunder dragon area, Faron woods triggered. So glad I don't
have to start all over!

Last edited by a moderator:

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I think im going to do thunder dragon first but copy onto the other files just in case, like u said. I just really want the Hylain Shield!!!

S

Seymour

yeah, that's what I got, except no volcano event...

I'll try beating the thunder dragon part first, hopefully then the other events will trigger.

Edit: after I beat the thunder dragon area, Faron woods triggered. So glad I don't
have to start all over!

That's good, any news on the Eldin Volcano event? I want to find out more about this glitch, cause this whole section of the game seems wonky for alot of people in a lot of different ways.

Z

zeldapkmn

I found a rough translation of solution on Japanese site.

Thank you for your patronage of Nintendo products all the time.
Wii software we launched on November 23, 2011 our "Skyward Sword Legend of Zelda" regard, how to proceed through the game, we found that the symptoms will proceed.
We will guide you how to play while avoiding serving their symptoms.
Available to everyone, but we apologize for the inconvenience, thank the following steps must be taken in advance.

"Song of the Hero" event to get the "Forest of Firone" → "Volcano Eldin" → "Desert Lanayru" (or "volcano" → "Forest" → "desert"), please go with the order.
Do The "Forest" and "Volcano" before the "Desert".If you don't, the cutscene for the Forest and Volcano, will not come.

If you can talk in Japanese fluently, call this number 0774-28-3133.

If your Wii is connected to the Internet, there will be a program on the computer coming that will fix the bug and will be announced on the Nintendo site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom