• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
Should the next Zelda game be darker than its past games? or should it stay how it is? Has anyone ever thought of gore in the series? and do you think there should be more of it?
Now.... discuss.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Should the next Zelda game be darker than its past games? or should it stay how it is? Has anyone ever thought of gore in the series? and do you think there should be more of it?
Now.... discuss.

Whether the game should or should not be darker is not really something I can answer. What I can say is that I personally would enjoy a darker more in depth storyline, not that a lighter story can'y be in depth also, it's just that I personally tend to enjoy a darker atmosphere more.

As for whether I have thought of gore in the series. I most certainly have. The problem with gore is that it raises the age rating of the game. The higher age rating of the game the more inaccessible it becomes to younger players, arguably it makes the game more desirable since the youth of today generally like guts and gore. More mature games can sell incredibly well, Call of Duty is a prime example. Wii sports is the best selling Nintendo game however that is not the market for Zelda which is why Zelda's sales are nowhere near as high. I personally would not want them to go and make a gory Zelda, it would stop people playing who would otherwise want to a bit of animated blood is good, but guts and hacking off limbs should stay in other series.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
First, I'd like to state why everyone is talking about the next Zelda game when it hasn't even been a year since the most recent one?
Personally, this is what I'd like to see.
For the Potable Console, the 3DS, I'd like to see a darker Zelda. The portable Zelda games have all had Toon link, and were much happier and they used kid link. I'd personally like to see an adult, or a teenage link, a darker world, similar to that of Twilight Princess. I'd truly like to see the graphical capabilities of this new console. I want to see if they will continue to use the same old look. Many of the games coming out are cartoony, Paper Mario, for example. So It would be an interesting twist.
As for controls, I'd like to see the control pad be used for the attacks. It would be interesting, vertical attacks upward, diagonal attacks, spin attacks, etc. It would be an interesting twist, instead of button mashing or Sliding across the touch screen. IN this game, Touch Screen= Puzzles and Inventory. I'd like to see some cool new items as well, maybe even some NPCs.

As for the Wii U Title, I honestly don't know yet. I want to see what they do with the first few major games for the Wii U, get a good look at its Graphics first hand, and then I'll make a decision. Smash Bros. 4 May give us a good look at the graphical capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom