• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future Zelda Games?

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
Hello everyone, i am a new member, so as my first post on here i would like to get everyones opinion on any future Zelda games... Like Placement in the timeline, recurring characters, places, dungeons, etc... or also anything you would like to see in a future installment. Thank you.

Probably somewhere in the middle, I don't really care as long as it has nothing to do with Ocarina of Time. Ever since OoT came out all the Zelda games had something to do with OoT (I'm not sure about the Oracle games though because I haven't played them yet). Majora's Mask is a sequal, Wind Waker is a sequal, (I don't consider any of the Four Swords games to be "real" Zelda games, I consider them to be spin-offs) Minish Cap is a prequel, Twilight Princess is a sequal, (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are based on Wind Waker which was a sequal) and Skyward Sword is a prequel. Just once I'd like to have one Zelda game that is its own game and has NOTHING to do with OoT!

I want a snow dungeon. They're my favorite.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'd like for the next Zelda game to be take place in Hyrule and explain the Sealing War, in other words the first game on the Decline Timeline in years. A battle of epic proportion would occur and Hyrule politics could finally be unraveled on a full scale. Link's companion should be someone new but I wouldn't mind a cameo from Navi or Midna if done right. Another returning character who would fit right in is Beedle with his beaming personality and enthusiasm. As CheeseXCrackers maintained a snow dungeon and even better region should be in place as Skyward Sword was sorely lacking in this department and could have been greatly improved if the area was included. A musical instrument should once again play a central role and be accessible to most players along the lines of the Ocarina of Time.

Perhaps more important than the features listed above are a cohesive narrative and further immersion through gameplay in future installments. Skyward Sword did an excellent job of adding an extra layer of emotional depth which hearkened back to Majora's Mask. Link had a childhood friend on the line and the stakes were raised further when Zelda revealed herself to be the goddess Hylia in mortal form. Moreover, Skyward Sword's controls are the best on the market. Nintendo needs to capitalize on this fine tuned precision in forthcoming installments while aiming to broaden its audience. This can be done by including multiple control schemes as in Pikmin 3 as well as difficulty options which cater to all walks of gaming.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
i think it would be cool to see a villian like veran come back. or dark link. or another new villian would be cool. id really like to see the look be more like tp but better and get away from this cartoony childish look...sorry, but come one, ss,ww,ph and st all look too kiddy.. id really liek to see it look like other games such as halo or mass effect. but story wise, i would like to see kokiris, and malon. and maybe see a love triangle or maybe link have competition.

bs8814

The Gamer
I'd like to see another 3DS game. That would be awesome of Nintendo. And also that they rid Zelda of motion controls, stamina bar and breakable shields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom