• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future of Okami

T

thepeckingbird

I'm sure many of you have played the near-zelda style Okami, or at least okamiden. If you haven't I seriously suggest you play Okami (Okamiden not so much) great game and very twilight princess-ey. On second thoughts if you haven't played Okami or Okamiden why are you reading this?
Anywho I'm not here to govern your video game collection, so I'll get to the point. As you should know, Clover studios made the original PS2 version of Okami. They later went bust and were even excluded from the credits of the Wii port. Capcom now have the series.
However Capcom's Okamiden seemed to me to be a clone of Okami, in almost every way. It felt old and even had some of the antagonists (Talking about Orichi here). In short it felt like and excuse to re-release Okami under a different title. This makes me thing that perhaps Capcom don't have, or are at least lacking, the creativity to continue the series. I mean how many times can they resurrect Orichi and make the God's have kids? Don't get me wrong Okamiden was a great game, just it didn't have the freshness Okami had.
In short, do you think there'll be another Okami game? If so do you think it will do the original any justice?

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I honestly hope that there isn't another Okami game. It was fine as one game. As much as I liked Okamiden, it wasn't as good as the first game, heck, it messed up some of the background details from the first game.

Capcom seem to have a habit of dragging out series if they sell well. I don't personally want to see a wonderful franchise go sour for the sake of money. Or worse, for the sake of fans. We've all seen what happened to the Sonic franchise thanks to fans.

If another game is made it's never going to be as good as the original. Clover had a spark that Capcom lacks.

i would love a new okami game if they took their time with it. i got enough games to play for the moment, and i dont want another rushed "almost-good" game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom