• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future Canon Changes

Before the release of the Hyrule Historia there was a great many things to theorise on, it didnt matter if we were right or wrong it was nice to have something of Zelda to call our own in the shape of ideas and theories. The HH out most of that to bed while annoying a lot of fans with its simplistic reasoning and seemingly slapdash solutions to a lot of problems within the overarching narrative that fans had put a lot of effort into.

"History is still being written and much is still unclear" is a paraphrase from the mysterious preamble that makes itself known when you open the HH...

So, if the future is still being written then how long is it going to be before the information in the HH is incorrect?
How long is it going to be before the canon timeline changes and loses/gains branches?

What canon changes are you expecting in the future of Zelda with the installment of new games?
A reworked timeline?
Differing relationships between characters and their origins?

Will it bother you that so much may change now that we have the voice of god in our hands in the form of the HH?

Since every new game can potentially change the timeline and a book cannot reflect these changes so the timeline in the book may be outdated by the time Zelda Wii U or 3DS.

It would not bother me to see change, I think of the Hyrule Historia as an interesting resource, not a definitive Zelda Bible.

What I want to see Ninty do is create a game or two more on the defeated timeline and then terminate that cluster beginning a new timeline entirely.

Nintendo has stated various times that each game is its own individual legend. They don't necessarily connect logically. The reveal of the official timeline for the 25th anniversary completely took me aback. I have a collector's edition of Metroid Prime for the Cube with a demo of Prime 2 on a second disc. This second disc also includes bonus material such a Metroid timeline. Thing is, Metroid was still a young series with few games and plot loopholes. Revealing the Zelda timeline with so many game already released is a head scratcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom