• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funny Thing I Found on Youtube...

L

Lord Jabu Jabu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2g65jL3HDgI was looking at youtube and I found a strange video telling about ocarinahero10's take on the zelda timeline, he sounds convincing at first but soon some errors jump out at you after you watch this 2 or 3 times. I know the errors but I wanted to see what you guys think, if you watch some of his other videos you'll know that he dosen't keep his rude opinions to himself, so to speak, and if you manage to find his website (which I will not posting because of forum rules, no I'm not going to tell you which rule,) you'll find that he's a real pain in the you know what. Be shure to tell me what you think:).

Garo

Boy Wonder
It isn't the fact that his timeline has some pretty glaring flaws that really irks me. It's that he opens the video with an incredibly obnoxious and pompous derision of common misconceptions and claims with complete certain that his timeline has no flaws because he's "done the research". Someone who is willing to discuss and accept flaws and differing opinions I can respect, but this guy... yeah, not at all.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
And the fact that so many people believe this timeline because they're easily convinced by the way he speaks (with the "I'm right because I know everything" attitude) is what bothers me about it the most. Because of that guy, we get threads about it multiple times a year and we have to waste our time explaining to people that the theory is wrong.

Well this is actually the thing that got me into the timeline. OcarinaHero10 makes a convincing video but it really ticks me off that his attitude is so arrogant.

The timeline also has little canon, and it makes me wonder how many of the games he has even played (especially since he said that he did his "homework").

I have seen all of his videos and he has a raw sense of humor in almost all of them. So I think he was just been trying to be funny.

As for the errors as he said in another video "all timelines have flaws, that's unavoidable"(or something like that). Of course there are errors, but the reason you would find so many videos on YouTube showing his timeline problems is because of his arrogant attitude in that video.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
"All timelines have flaws" isn't really an excuse. Yes, it's true, but his timeline has more flaws than are necessary or unavoidable.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
This guy needs to understand that there's no such thing as a universally correct timeline. There will only be one when Nintendo stops making their Zelda games (and I pray that day never comes) an releases an official timeline. He does bring up valid points (like MaLink and such), but the Master Sword is NOT the White Sword, and Ganon and Ganondorf are one and the same. In my timeline that I have on my siggy, I made that mistake, and I shall edit it later.

L

Lord Jabu Jabu

actualy, his relatin ship between MM and TP seems to be one of the most soolid arguments there are

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
actualy, his relatin ship between MM and TP seems to be one of the most soolid arguments there are
I don't see any argument there at all. He just states that "centuries later" TP happens, and then goes on to explain some more theories that are based on this connection, most of which are invalid or incorrect. Are you referring to the hero's shade and/or Malon, both of which he even stated to be merely speculation?

When he introduces the concept of the hero's shade tying back to OoT/MM, he starts by stating that the hero's shade says he defeated Ganondorf, which is completely false. Next, he explains that MM-Link "must have" gotten lost and died in the woods. The words "must have" here highlight that he's using circular logic - a theory based on a theory in order to prove the original theory. He hasn't done anything to show that the hero's shade is MM-Link, but assumes it anyway in order to make a case for supporting it. You just can't do that. Can I say that I can yell at him because he must be within earshot? Surely, if I can yell at him, then he is within earshot. Since he's in earshot, the I can yell at him.

Finally, I don't know why he even bothered trying to compare the hero's shade's equipment with that of MM-Link. They're completely different, and calling it speculation doesn't change that. Speculating that an apple is the same as an orange is pointless and futile. I'd rather not get into his Malon argument at this time. It's pretty much the same circular logic. I think you've heard enough.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I don't see any argument there at all. He just states that "centuries later" TP happens, and then goes on to explain some more theories that are based on this connection, most of which are invalid or incorrect. Are you referring to the hero's shade and/or Malon, both of which he even stated to be merely speculation?

When he introduces the concept of the hero's shade tying back to OoT/MM, he starts by stating that the hero's shade says he defeated Ganondorf, which is completely false. Next, he explains that MM-Link "must have" gotten lost and died in the woods. The words "must have" here highlight that he's using circular logic - a theory based on a theory in order to prove the original theory. He hasn't done anything to show that the hero's shade is MM-Link, but assumes it anyway in order to make a case for supporting it. You just can't do that. Can I say that I can yell at him because he must be within earshot? Surely, if I can yell at him, then he is within earshot. Since he's in earshot, the I can yell at him.

Finally, I don't know why he even bothered trying to compare the hero's shade's equipment with that of MM-Link. They're completely different, and calling it speculation doesn't change that. Speculating that an apple is the same as an orange is pointless and futile. I'd rather not get into his Malon argument at this time. It's pretty much the same circular logic. I think you've heard enough.

The blade looks similar to the Great Fairy's Sword, but only VERY SLIGHTLY. If it is true that Link went back to Hyrule, died in the Lost Woods, married Malon, and all that stuff, he would likely have grown up. His Gilded Sword would have too short of a blade and too small of a hilt for him, and the shield would only be the size of a buckler. The Great Fairy's Sword would have been the only legitimately wieldable weapon of his, as he uses two hands to wield it effectively, which if he's older, he wouldn't have to do.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The blade looks similar to the Great Fairy's Sword, but only VERY SLIGHTLY.

It looks nothing like it at all. In all honesty, I'd say it looks more like the Master Sword in its design than anything else. (Not suggesting anything, there.)

If it is true that Link went back to Hyrule, died in the Lost Woods, married Malon, and all that stuff, he would likely have grown up. His Gilded Sword would have too short of a blade and too small of a hilt for him, and the shield would only be the size of a buckler. The Great Fairy's Sword would have been the only legitimately wieldable weapon of his, as he uses two hands to wield it effectively, which if he's older, he wouldn't have to do.

The Guilded Sword is just an optional upgrade for the game, and the Mirror Shield is just a gameplay element. In all reality, he probably wouldn't have gotten those on his adventure.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
It looks nothing like it at all. In all honesty, I'd say it looks more like the Master Sword in its design than anything else. (Not suggesting anything, there.)

The Guilded Sword is just an optional upgrade for the game, and the Mirror Shield is just a gameplay element. In all reality, he probably wouldn't have gotten those on his adventure.

According to the user in question of this video (ocarinahero10), the blade Hero's Shade uses is the Gilded Blade, so that is why I brought it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom