• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

From Skyward Sword to OoT

I

ijones81

Now first off this is going to sound like a OoT thread, but i was just recently rereading the manga for the game, and I really think it added a lot of detail to the story in which was already a epic. But i was thinking with skyward sword being a prequel and Oot being remade i thought they would be stupid not to add elements that were in the manga that made the story more epic, now since skyward sword is a prequel i feel 100% that in the remake there going to add stuff from that game, But what i am saying about adding stuff from the manga is like cutscenes of ganondorf and sheik undercover in ganon's presence. Ha ha and link with a cape going to the market just outside the desert. BUT i am getting off topic. Does anyone else think that in skyward sword, characters from Oot will be in it, i am personally thinking Great Deku tree, Rauru the sage who i think would be the coolest character to include cuz it would tie it altogether. impa and the zora king and the leader of the Gorons whos name is not coming to mind.

But other than that my dream story that would tie it up would be this

The game starts with the skyward sword character being chased by things in the air or something were she gets hurt or trapped. (now this two thing dont go in this order its prob the other way.) But then show link who is a black smith and is working and you finish what your doing and you take the weapons that you just made and put them in a cart and take them to another part of skyloft. on your way you meet the skyward sword. and you help her and be heroic and stuff.

introduce some people of skyloft that you really dont care about at the end of the game. Ok then the skyward sword tell you of the land below and this family in skyloft doesn't want you to go but you go anyway.

Its going to be that when you jump everything is going to be fine but something attacks you along the way you get knocked out and then you are introduced into a girl or boy and they take you to there village. and its a predated hyrule castle from OoT and then you meet the royal family and they ask you help them unite the people and races of hyrule to fight the evil villain that resembles Ganondorf maybe an ancestor, well you go to all these places and unite them and then you need to make the master sword lucky your a black smith you get some side quest items to do it and well the skyward sword must sacrafice herself to save hyrule its touching after all you just went through, and then you meet some characters for OoT like Rauru the sage and stuff and you defeat the evil guy, but the game ends in a weird tone like star wars empires strikes back cuz the evil guy is a relative of ganondorf and he swears hims family and kind will not rest till they can control it. and the game ends with either this link a knight of the royal family or just a knight or something but the last cut scene is of a child in the forest next to the deku tree and its the link from OoT.

Now i skipped a lot of stuff but what do you guys think of it and if you could add something to my dream zelda story

Myself I am trying not to daydream more about the story of Skyward Sword, but given the way in OoT they speak about the war and stuff taht seemed far ago, I tend to believe SS will take place at least a century before OoT, so I have little hope of seeing OoT characters, including the Great deku Tree, unless as a clue with some sprout hinting to be how it started as a guardian, which I seriously doubt.

I agree what you mention about the manga, I ( really liked how they made sense of some things out of the 'game mechanics' through the manga, except for Volvagia. Event though that helped add more emotion to that fight. I don't think this elements would be added to the remake, as they have given us the idea they want new generations to experience that game, thus the update in graphics, but nothing yet to hint they will enhace bits, much less that they would use the manga as a reference, if they added some more it is a two edged sword, may be received as cool or may be bashen off by the fandumb, so I am really not hoping to see any of it.

Granted, I believe it would be a nice surprise if they keep to themeselves until we're playing other changes for the better.

Din Akera

Sniper
since skyward sword is a prequel i feel 100% that in the remake there going to add stuff from that game, But what i am saying about adding stuff from the manga is like cutscenes of ganondorf and sheik undercover in ganon's presence. Ha ha and link with a cape going to the market just outside the desert. BUT i am getting off topic. Does anyone else think that in skyward sword, characters from Oot will be in it, i am personally thinking Great Deku tree, Rauru the sage who i think would be the coolest character to include cuz it would tie it altogether. impa and the zora king and the leader of the Gorons whos name is not coming to mind.

Thought you have an interesting concept, that I also think would be quite great, i high doubt we will see it. As Kaynil said, SS is going to take place hundreds of years before OoT, making the majority of the characters you have mentioned here impossible to be in existence. The only two that you might be able to argue would be Rauru and the Great Deku Tree. My biology background tells me that it is possible for the tree to be that old, it would partcialy explain why he was so susceptible to Gohma. Being a sage, you could probably argue that Rauru is timeless, but I don't really know that much about sage life-spans. One character that I do think we might see would be the owl's first form/what he was reincarnated from (I tried to spell his name, it wasn't going to happen XD). We know he was reincarnated from an ancient sage, so it could be possible to see Link awaken the first form as a sage for the first time. I think that would be a pretty neat tie into OoT.

but the game ends in a weird tone like star wars empires strikes back cuz the evil guy is a relative of ganondorf and he swears hims family and kind will not rest till they can control it. and the game ends with either this link a knight of the royal family or just a knight or something but the last cut scene is of a child in the forest next to the deku tree and its the link from OoT.

Again, you have a great concept here, but it doesn't work so well with the timeline. unless, there was a cut and we got a 'Hundreds of years later' caption to then see your situation here. It might be cool to see Link's mother dropping him off with the Deku tree, but like I said before, i highly doubt we will actually see this. Nintendo does tend to hint between the games as to connections and intertwining characters and plot, but not this heavily. I think the chances of seeing direct references will be pretty slim. More likely we will hear prophecies of a Hero of Time that will come to Hyrule's rescue again. THis of course in reference to Ganon's ancestor's remark about his family bloodline rising to evil again. This theory of course rests on the idea of Ganondorf/his ancestor being the main villain in the game. I personally agree that we are going to see something new, ex the dark tribe, but as we found out form TP, Ganon might be behind that too. XD

AS to what you have mentioned with OoT's manga and the remake, I don't think there is going to be that much change. It isn't a rerelease, but a remake, so we will see changes, however, I don't believe they will be so large as too add too much to the plot line. Personally, I loved the manga. Sheik as a double agent, and a little bit more backstory on a couple bosses. I am fully in support of your idea, though I don't believe it will happen.

I agree what you mention about the manga,[...] they have given us the idea they want new generations to experience that game, thus the update in graphics, but nothing yet to hint they will enhace bits, much less that they would use the manga as a reference, if they added some more it is a two edged sword, may be received as cool or may be bashen off by the fandumb, so I am really not hoping to see any of it. Granted, I believe it would be a nice surprise if they keep to themeselves until we're playing other changes for the better.

Unfortuntely the manga is not considered canon. So, as said here, it think the major changes will be only to the graphics and dungeon set ups. I agree with your statement about it being bashed off but he current fanbase. But, as all the theorizers know, new in game plot will result in new information us as ammo and bash and close some of our previous theories. :D I'm excited!

I thought the most brilliant thing that Nintendo did to add that cool sense of nostalgia was name the sages in OOT after towns in AOL (thus making it seem that the towns were named after the sages establishing somewhat of a timeline). SS doesn't have to be incredibly connected to another game, I just want small hints like these scattered throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom