• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Is Strange

The sword to seal the darkness splits your soul into four parts. But each part is stranger than you think it is. We will go over what each color of the tunic means for each part of Link. First, let us go over green. If you have seen the BOTW 2 trailer, Link flies over to strange green ruins. These ruins are Zonai, so the green suit from Four Swords symbolizes the biggest part of Link, Zonai. Secondly, we will go over blue. This is the second largest part of Link because you need blue to make green. Blue is pretty obvious, it is Shekiah. If you have played BOTW, every single Shekiah tech is blue. Onto the next, red. This is the third largest part of Link, malice. This is strange because malice shouldn’t be with Link, yet it is a part of him. The last part of Link is purple, which is the smallest. This is the Ying-Yang of sorts because it shows when malice and Sheikah mix, they create a balance. This is the most powerful part of all Link, yet little in quantity. In Twilight Princess, there is another thing Link possesses, which is black. Shadow magic. In other games, shadow magic is there, but it never comes to the surface; however, sometimes, the shadow in Link overflows, creating the opposite of him. Shadow Link. But it is never more powerful than him. In the games when Shadow Link doesn’t appear, that is when the power of shadow is the lowest. Either that or they learn to control it. That is all, but next time you play Four Swords or any Zelda game, think about this. It could change your experience of Zelda forever.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
The theory that you have brought up is rather.....interesting.

Every claim that you have made mostly based on assumptions. I mean a lot of assumptions.

-We have no way of knowing if the different "Links" in Four Swords are any connected to or influenced many different things in BotW and TotK. Without something substantial like someone big from Nintendo confirming it, there is no connection.

-We have no way of knowing if the green on Link from Four Swords is connected to the Zonai ruins. How about every other Link in all the other games, almost all of the other ones wear green. Is the green that they are wearing connected to the Zonai Ruins too?

-We have no way of knowing if the blue on Link from Four Swords is connected to the Shiekah. Could it be connected to the Zora tribe? Again we have no way of knowing.

-We have no way of knowing if the red on Link from Four Swords is connected to the malice in TotK.

-We have no way of knowing if the purple on Link from Four Swords is connected to the mixing of the malice and of the "Shiekah" (Do you mean blue. I havent played BotW or TotK yet, so let me know if I got anything wrong)

-We have no way of knowing if the Twilight "Shadow Magic" that you mentioned is connected Shadow Link or Dark Link.

Let me know if I missed anything, but yeah there are no connections, unless something is confirmed that I didnt bring up.

All in all, this is based on wild assumptions.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I headcanon that the Hytopians in Triforce Heroes use Minish magic to create the Dopples. Or something.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Its elements...
Green = earth...
Blue = water...
Red = fire...
Purple = like spirity air??

The sword to seal the darkness splits your soul into four parts. But each part is stranger than you think it is. We will go over what each color of the tunic means for each part of Link. First, let us go over green. If you have seen the BOTW 2 trailer, Link flies over to strange green ruins. These ruins are Zonai, so the green suit from Four Swords symbolizes the biggest part of Link, Zonai. Secondly, we will go over blue. This is the second largest part of Link because you need blue to make green. Blue is pretty obvious, it is Shekiah. If you have played BOTW, every single Shekiah tech is blue. Onto the next, red. This is the third largest part of Link, malice. This is strange because malice shouldn’t be with Link, yet it is a part of him. The last part of Link is purple, which is the smallest. This is the Ying-Yang of sorts because it shows when malice and Sheikah mix, they create a balance. This is the most powerful part of all Link, yet little in quantity. In Twilight Princess, there is another thing Link possesses, which is black. Shadow magic. In other games, shadow magic is there, but it never comes to the surface; however, sometimes, the shadow in Link overflows, creating the opposite of him. Shadow Link. But it is never more powerful than him. In the games when Shadow Link doesn’t appear, that is when the power of shadow is the lowest. Either that or they learn to control it. That is all, but next time you play Four Swords or any Zelda game, think about this. It could change your experience of Zelda forever.
Great theory!

There is definitely something here with the colors and the races:
The Zonai use green magic, the Sheikah use blue magic, the Demons use red magic (malice).

But Dizzi is right, they represent the elements in Minish Cap:
Green = earth...
Blue = water...
Red = fire...
Purple = like spirity air??
Green - wind
Blue - water
Red - fire
Purple - earth

Shadow Link, according to Hyrule Historia, comes from TP Ganon's Malice flowing out of the Dark Mirror.

-We have no way of knowing if the different "Links" in Four Swords are any connected to or influenced many different things in BotW and TotK. Without something substantial like someone big from Nintendo confirming it, there is no connection.

-We have no way of knowing if the green on Link from Four Swords is connected to the Zonai ruins. How about every other Link in all the other games, almost all of the other ones wear green. Is the green that they are wearing connected to the Zonai Ruins too?

-We have no way of knowing if the blue on Link from Four Swords is connected to the Shiekah. Could it be connected to the Zora tribe? Again we have no way of knowing.

-We have no way of knowing if the red on Link from Four Swords is connected to the malice in TotK.

-We have no way of knowing if the purple on Link from Four Swords is connected to the mixing of the malice and of the "Shiekah" (Do you mean blue. I havent played BotW or TotK yet, so let me know if I got anything wrong)

-We have no way of knowing if the Twilight "Shadow Magic" that you mentioned is connected Shadow Link or Dark Link.
- They are influenced insofar as colored magic maintains consistency across the series.

- The green Four Sword Link is connected to the Wind Element, and the Zonai magic uses this wind magic for fans. Wind magic is known to be green throughout the series (Farore's Wind), and Zonai energy is green. Spirit energy is also often green, but spirit energy and wind energy also seem to be very related.

- The Sheikah-blue connection is harder to make because blue has been used almost exclusively by the Zora and not the Sheikah, but Ancient Energy seems to be a combination of Ganondorf's leaking Malice and Rauru's Zonai spirit energy (or else what is the Shiekah-modified Purification Unit used for?) So also harder to make the case for.

- Fire and Malice are obviously connected through Demise's hair, but I agree this one is also harder to make the case for.

- Purple is for earth in MC-FS-FSA, shadow in OoT-WW-TP, spirit in TotK, and snow in ST. The Yin Yang thing seems like a major leap.

- Hyrule Historia confirms that TP Ganondorf's hatred mixed with the dark magic of the Dark Mirror created Shadow Link. We know Zant's magic is also fueled by Ganondorf's magic, and the Dark Mirror is obviously at the very least symbolically connected with the Mirror of Twilight, so there may be more there.

I guess I'd just say that looking for patterns in magic-types in Zelda is productive and doesn't have to be speculative, but connecting water to Sheikah and fire to Malice so readily seems like a leap. I think connecting wind to Zonai is stronger, but it's all pretty much an extension of the broader magic system Zelda has which still uses theories and needs clarification to explain it all cohesively.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
- They are influenced insofar as colored magic maintains consistency across the series.

- The green Four Sword Link is connected to the Wind Element, and the Zonai magic uses this wind magic for fans. Wind magic is known to be green throughout the series (Farore's Wind), and Zonai energy is green. Spirit energy is also often green, but spirit energy and wind energy also seem to be very related.

- The Sheikah-blue connection is harder to make because blue has been used almost exclusively by the Zora and not the Sheikah, but Ancient Energy seems to be a combination of Ganondorf's leaking Malice and Rauru's Zonai spirit energy (or else what is the Shiekah-modified Purification Unit used for?) So also harder to make the case for.

- Fire and Malice are obviously connected through Demise's hair, but I agree this one is also harder to make the case for.

- Purple is for earth in MC-FS-FSA, shadow in OoT-WW-TP, spirit in TotK, and snow in ST. The Yin Yang thing seems like a major leap.

- Hyrule Historia confirms that TP Ganondorf's hatred mixed with the dark magic of the Dark Mirror created Shadow Link. We know Zant's magic is also fueled by Ganondorf's magic, and the Dark Mirror is obviously at the very least symbolically connected with the Mirror of Twilight, so there may be more there.

I guess I'd just say that looking for patterns in magic-types in Zelda is productive and doesn't have to be speculative, but connecting water to Sheikah and fire to Malice so readily seems like a leap. I think connecting wind to Zonai is stronger, but it's all pretty much an extension of the broader magic system Zelda has which still uses theories and needs clarification to explain it all cohesively.

Yes, this 1000% better than the original post. Precise. Methodical. Calculated.

You make some very good points, but like you said some of it is a bit of stretch, but still some good points. Not necessarily enough to make a solid case but still some good ground work.

(Could you tell me what page the thing is about Shadow Link in the Hyrule Historia. I don't deny what you said but I just wanna check it for myself.)

Besides that you did a excellent job. I just dislike it when someone tries to present a theory without much evidence and tries to make connections without much supporting evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom