• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Foods you can no longer find but desire

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello,

at my trip to McDonalds this evening I asked the speaker "do you sell the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich anymore" because I noticed it was pulled from the menu (those dastards!) To my surprise, the speaker replied "yes we do, but only during the morning hours". I was about to burst into to tears, the reason being the SSCS is my favorite menu order from McD and I thought it was gone forever!

So what foods did you desire but cannot find anymore?

Storm! Was my favorite soda when it came out, and I don't normally love Lemon-Lime soda's. I remember it was in our school freshman year, and it was only 25 cents. Our storm machine always sold out by like 2nd hour because of the price plus it was yummy.
vdZKLvj.jpg

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Kinder Surprise. The mythical chocolate egg with prizes.
It was rumored to be so amazing that the US Govt made them illegal.

The law that made them illegal is the same one that ruined Cracker Jack's ability to have good prizes.
I have a similar thing. Wonder balls. Chocolate balls with little sour candies shaped like Disney characters inside it. They were delicious.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Kinder Surprise. The mythical chocolate egg with prizes.
It was rumored to be so amazing that the US Govt made them illegal.

The law that made them illegal is the same one that ruined Cracker Jack's ability to have good prizes.

You can probably get them on the black market or come to the UK. We have them here.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We used to have this supermarket in the UK called Safeway and they did these spicy vegetable flavoured noodles which I really enjoyed. However the Safeway brand is gone forever so I will never again taste the delights of the delicious noodles.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
We used to have this supermarket in the UK called Safeway and they did these spicy vegetable flavoured noodles which I really enjoyed. However the Safeway brand is gone forever so I will never again taste the delights of the delicious noodles.

The farmfoods near me has those. I think they are disgusting personally :P

The secrets those eggs held!

So many secrets ^^ granted i mostly bought them for the chocolate covering.

There used to be this amazing fruit juice that mixed peach and maracuja, but I haven't seen it for ages. Only peach now, which is still good, but not the same.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Another McDonalds item. remember their Chicken Selects? They had them for over a decade when one time once Catholic Lent started, it was unceremoniously taken off the menu and only came back once, for a couple weeks, since. I haven't been back to there since and have instead been using Dairy Queen or Taco Johns for my fast food fix since they both have very good chicken. Surprisingly very few people have heard of Taco Johns, they are a national chain that is in 27 states, mostly in the northern half of the country.

There are also Butterfinger BBs. I haven't looked for them in a while, but they've actually been discontinued. Of all the Butterfinger snacks, those were the best and the one least likely to get stuck in your teeth.

There are a few restaurants that have shut down that had unique food I haven't been able to get anywhere else. There was a place called Coyote Canyon that actually had a steak buffet and they were very good. It was the best place to go in the state if you wanted to get a lot of steaks without paying a small fortune, and they were good. Another good steak place that has since shut down was a restaurant in my hometown called Mad Marys. They had steak that was so good that everyone said it was "the only steak in the state where you don't even want to put sauce on it." There was another one... I forgot what it was called, but it was smaller place that had a 1950s diner theme including the aerodynamic metal building. They served the best milkshakes I've ever had and they had this chicken that was somewhat cajun inspired but not entirely that was the most amazing ever. I've tried to replicate it myself but without success.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
A few summers ago McDonald's used to have a frozen smoothie called the cherry berry chiller. It was really good.

I haven't seen it since.

I remember that! It was so good, I would go to McDonald's just for that but I haven't seen it since either :( @Matt, McDonald's UK still does chicken selects as part of its regular menu :)

I miss the Sunny D that had additives and unhealthy **** in, it's just not the same anymore. I liked the kiwi and florida flavours. I miss those lollipops which were super sour on the outside and turned into bubblegum on the inside. Also where are toxic waste sweets nowadays? They fried your mouth but they tasted amazing.

Most of us were happy to see the return of vanilla coke though right :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The farmfoods near me has those. I think they are disgusting personally :P

So many secrets ^^ granted i mostly bought them for the chocolate covering.

I don't go to farm foods but I will try and check one out to see if they do the noodles. Because they were Safeway own brand it is not guaranteed theirs is the same unless you have sampled both and can confirm?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I don't go to farm foods but I will try and check one out to see if they do the noodles. Because they were Safeway own brand it is not guaranteed theirs is the same unless you have sampled both and can confirm?

I've never head of safeway ^^. But who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom