• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Floating Head/Hands Boss in SS?

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
So I noticed the abundance of floating head and hands bosses in Nintendo games when I fought the final boss in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Especially in Zelda.

It seems like an easy formula for Nintendo to follow - plus this way they already have one boss covered. I don't know about you, but I find these bosses fun, especially when they have a twist (MC you had to go inside of Mazaal, etc.) So do you think Nintendo will include a floating head and/or hands boss in Skyward Sword? What dungeon will it be in?

God I hope not. Zelda doesn't need the same thing again. Zelda needs to look forward and be innivative.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I always thought the whole floating body parts were kind of creepy. I was really freaked out by Godhan in the Wind Waker, when he had suddenly emerged out from a wall. It gives you the whole idea of feeling small, and powerless, in my opinion. If they could make a boss like that in SwS except a little bit more intimidating, I would love to see it as a boss.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Ugh, there are too many examples of this in Nintendo's games. Bongo Bongo, Gohdan, Andross, Wham Bam Rock/Jewel, Tiki Tong, Master Hand and Crazy Hand, etc. I say just leave it alone for a while.

Last edited:
It really depends on how they would do it. I liked Gohdan in WW, because he was a test set by the goddesses to make sure that Link was worthy of the Master Sword, and I think he/it fit that bill nicely. Ghosi mentioned feeling small and powerless - but that was kindof the point, to me. You ARE small and pretty powerless. But by facing that fear and intimidation and defeating Gohdan, you prove you are strong enough to face the challenges ahead.
I also think Bongo Bongo was pretty well done, because he/it was so <i>strange.</i> The one in MC was interesting as well.
I think as long as the hands/head boss (if there is one) is unique in some way (and preferably has some kind of story to his existence instead of just being there), I'll enjoy him.

L

Link305

One of hands floating can be Bongo Bongo.
I don't like that boss...after THAT temple (for me the most difficult of all OoT temples), I was especting, something more WOW to defeat with link xD, no two hands hiting the floor -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom