• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Flaws in Ocarina of Time

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Mases! How can you say that OoT has flaws!? That's blasphemy!

On a serious note, here a few of the things that I feel could ahve been improved upon in OoT;

- For being the first game to introduce horseback riding, they didn't really do it justice with the amount of space that Epona was allowed to ride on. All you got was a round field which probably had a diameter of let's say 600 meters? Other than that, there was a small patch of land next to Lake Hylia, and the Gerudo Desert, which I admit does have nice features such as jumping the broken bridge, and horse archery. But if they left all areas of the game open to horseback, such as Kakariko Village, Kokiri Forest and maybe even Hyrule Castletown it would have been more satisfying and a real time saver.

- I think there was a lack of major characters. All the main characters that you meet in the game come from different area's, which isn't so bad but it's just that when it comes to the adult dungeons you can already guess who the sages are going to be before you've completed it. When you have completed them, there is a lack of major characters to go and see because they all live in the Chamber of Sages. Who's left? The ever-reliable Shiek? Real shame seeing as Saria was my favourite character in the game.

- I feel that Hyrule Field, very much like in Twilight Princess, was large and beautiful especially at sunset and sunrise. But, the problem was that its was sparse and lacked a true variety of enemies. You could either fight Peahats during the day, Stalchilds during the night or go on a Poe hunt. I think they could have done more with the overworld, create a bit of diversity and if that means making it bigger then that's what they should have done.

G

GamerMomma

What bothered me the most is how at the end of the game you find all these treasure chests with rupees... like in the temples and Gerudo training grounds, and Ganondorfs castle too, when you dont need them, and then there's of course the let down of your "grand prize" in the house of skulltula, 200 rupees???? Dude at least give me the deed to your house, or your first born LOL.

And then the whole character depth thing too, plus I was soo let down at the end when Link meets Zelda in the courtyard and they just left it there, not cool. I feel there was too much info left out.

But as for the other things mentioned it doesnt bother me as much, for N64 it was a great game! I was so excited to walk on air and go under water I didnt mind the back and forth item menu merry go round. But I would hope the games only EVOLVE, no de-evolution!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom