• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Fishing Pond Help

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
This is to anyone that has caught a fish bigger than 20 pound on their data.
Where did you fish and what time did you fish in game as I fish where the biggest fish is located each time and I just can't get any better than 20 pound.
This is on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Collector's Edition

Please help ASAP as I'm sooo close to getting 100% completion.

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
First of all, this belongs in the Zelda Game Help section. Just wanted to get that out of the way first. :)

Anyway, to answer your question... I think by a few poles or something (I dunno, look around...), you'll find an unusually large fish. Just fish in that general area and wait for it to bite - it was actually pretty easy for me. If you're having trouble you can always look at the OoT walkthrough on this website. ;)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
well, if you're looking for the Golden Scale as an adult (which what I think you're doing here), there's a fish just chilling out around a giant log on the left side of the pond from where you walk in. The fish just sits still there, and he's guaranteed to be the correct size. I hope you understand where I'm trying to lead you, and good luck.

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
I've got the Golden Scale, here's my actual problem, I caught a 20 pound fish with the sinking lure and am now trying to catch a bigger fish to get rid of the message saying:

"NOTE: Caught with illegal lure"

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I would consider you to be not worried the only left to at the Fishing Pond would be to catch the Hylian Loach which is an Endangered Species not allowed to be put in the tank plus it took me over 2 hours to catch only to find you get a Purple Rupee. I was expecting something like a Heart Piece I was even using the Sinking Lure to catch him.

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
I caught the Hylian Loach before the fish, it weighed 30 pounds.
I can't believe a worm-like creature was more easily pulled in than all the regular fish. lol

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
I STILL can't catch one bigger than 20 pound.
Does what I catch as Young Link determine the maximum size as Adult Link as that's the only thing I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom