• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda First Person Zelda?

After playing a lot of Zelda, I thought of how cool it would be If it were in 1st person, the combat, graphics, gameplay would be great... If made right
Would you like to see Zelda in 1st person?
Which Console would it be on?
How would the Gameplay work?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Console: Wii U
Gameplay: Buttons (motion control is toomuch of a hassle imo), same Zelda format but more combat heavy

Yes, I would like to see a 1st person Zelda...but there are some details

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
NTY. FP is the lowest form of gaming.

Says who? If it really were the "lowest form of gaming"...why then would the genre (well, the FPS genre) sell so much?

Also, Star Wars Battlefront II at the very least says hi. There's nothing that stops Zelda from embracing another point of view...one that isn't intrusive, anyway.

No first person Zelda, it isn't the game for it and there are enough 1st person elements with FPview, bows, slingshots, beetles, dowsing and hook/clawshots.

Zelda is fun enough and has its draw in wonderful full 3D worlds i don't want to have to go through that in first person. The FP genre is an ugly one and isn't suited to adventure games wholesale. The only immerssive FPgame i've played is Metroid Prime and that was an FPS/FPA game, Zelda isn't that kind of game nor should it ever be IMO.

How about a way to change the views at will? Not only when using some items.

For instance use a bow in third person if you want, or run around in first person.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Says who? If it really were the "lowest form of gaming"...why then would the genre (well, the FPS genre) sell so much?.

Allow me to answer your question with another question. Why do Justin Bieber and Stephenie Meyer make millions off their work?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
FP is a legitimate for of gaming that has gotten a bad rep simply due to the stupidity of FPS game designers. It makes a lot great games.

Let's also not forget Zelda has FP for certain items, like the bow and hookshot. I just don't think it would work in Zelda's case. The gameplay, items, and designs are too oriented towards third-person. FP just isn't well-oriented towards adventure games. Your vision is restricted, and you have to look around to take in your surroundings. It ruins the view of all the huge stuff your doing and the general atmosphere of the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Allow me to answer your question with another question. Why do Justin Bieber and Stephenie Meyer make millions off their work?

1) JB sings pretty well and is an attractive person.
2) Stephenie writes pretty well and...deals with attractive material.

I answered your question with answers. I suppose those answers answer my own question: First Person is not the lowest form of gaming.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I hate First Person with a fiery passion. I don't like "being" a pair of hands when I play a game. It ruins my enjoyment of the game. Whenever I investigate a potential game the first thing I ask is if it's First or Third Person. If it's First Person, I put it back on the shelf right away. Doesn't matter how "good" people say it is, I just cannot cope with that form of gameplay. So I would say that First Person would completely ruin Zelda as a game for me.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
It's kind of funny. Just the other day I created a post that was just like this.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have nothing against first person games. Some of my favorite games are first person games, but I would hate it if they made a first person Zelda game. It would seem weird to me and it wouldn't really feel like a Zelda game. I personally like the traditional feel of 3D Zelda game and "don't fix what's not broken". The 3rd person perspective is fine the way it is. If I want to kill people with swords in first person I'll just play one of The Elder Scrolls games. :P

I kinda would like to see a zelda game based on the half-life 2 engine. The realistic graphics. The way the wepons where used. How awsome zaldas tits would be.... wait wat. Joking about the last one but I would like to see that graphics change. Imagine what majoras mask would lok like if happy mask salesman looked real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom