• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First game you ever beat?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
What was the first game that you ever played all the way through? Mine is Super Mario Bros 3, on the classic NES. My grandparents have one from my mom's childhood, and I just sat down at it one afternoon, next thing I realize it's supper time and I finished the game. I was like 14....

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
hmm, that's quite a dig into my memory

I really can't remember, so my answer would have to be Luigi's Mansion since that's an early game that I had that I was able to beat, like I had Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker before that but I wasn't able to beat those till a bit later

It's hard for me to remember and I think it was Super Mario 64.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
For me it was Super Mario World on the SNES. I played the hell out of this one as a kid and loved exploring with friends to find new secret exits back in the time when I didn't have internet access at home.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Pokemon Crystal when I was 10, before that I only ever had edutainment computer games. I got stuck in Pokemon Red which is why I beat Crystal first.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ummm im not sure cuz my gaming memories are linked to my bros...but i think it was banjo kaz possibly...

Robbie fan club
I can't 100% remember, but I know I used to drop games as a kid all the time. I think I beat Midtown Madness 3 on X-Box, but if I didn't then it was probably Skyward Sword

MW7

Mine may have been Super Mario Bros 3 as well. It could have been that, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, or Ocarina of Time. Link's Awakening I remember playing very young, but I didn't finish it until after I had finished Ocarina of Time. I was stuck on the second dungeon for many years not knowing that you needed magic to light a torch. I know for a fact that I beat Ocarina of Time in early 1999 after getting it for Christmas of 1998, but I don't know if I finished any of the other games mentioned first. I definitely played Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for multiple years before playing Ocarina of Time, but I could easily imagine myself getting stuck in various points in those games. For example I remember the snow level in Donkey Kong Country being a huge problem for me for a long time. Pokemon Yellow is another possibility - I think I got that shortly after release in 1998 and being able to grind experience makes it easier to beat than purely skill-based games.

The other games I played a lot but didn't finish for 15+ years were Goldeneye 007 and Donkey Kong Country 2. I did beat Goldeneye 007 on Agent and through Cradle on Secret Agent as a kid (I have a photo of myself playing Aztec in 1998 or 1999 - need to double check), but I don't count that as it's not the whole game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom