• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Fire Emblem 6+7 remakes on Switch?

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.
Would you like to see a remake of Fire Emblem 6+7 as the next Fire Emblem game on Switch?

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (Aka FE7/FE GBA/ Rekka No Ken/the one with Lyn) is a prequel to Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Aka FE6) and recent rumours have hinted at the next game on Switch being a combined remake of both games.

Would you like this or something original?

Did you play the original games?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
frankly, I'd rather see them bring back the other japan only games before going into binding blade, mainly genealogy of the holy war or mystery of the emblem (either DS or SFC)

both games were my first fire emblem experiences so I do have a big soft spot for them, blazing sword especially seeing how I was playing that when I was moving, although a remake would be a great opportunity for them to fix the bunch of problems of both games like the gameplay of binding blade and the freaking story of blazing sword

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't really like the idea of a combined remake, mostly because I'd rather they focus on one good remake instead of splitting resources between the two. That said, I'd definitely be down for a remake of FE6 in particular, because I feel like it needs it and there's a lot of room for addition. IIRC, the developer stated in an interview that he might like to remake it next, so we'll see.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Like Mark said, I'd like to see OG Mystery and Genealogy get English localizations/remakes first, but I certainly wouldn't mind a Binding Blade remake either. It needs quite a bit of work, IMO, where I don't think Blazing Sword does, tbh. I would want them to be remade together, but I don't see that as likely.

If I had to guess, Blazing Sword will be included in a GBA NSO service at some point, where Binding Blade will get a remake at some point.

I personally dislike vanilla Binding Blade. It's got issues that I find very difficult to look past, where I still enjoy Blazing Sword quite a bit in any mode I play it on. It's got that pick-up-and-play factor that Binding does not, with its lengthy maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom