• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Finally An Actually Good Game That Is Based On The Bible

There are a few games out there that use different things from the Bible, but none of them actually had any work put into them.
Darksiders on the other hand is an amazing game and well thought out. It's getting all of it's information from the book of Revelations (my favorite book), and I just love that there is finally a good game out there that follows my beliefs. Though some things aren't exact as the Bible says, it's still awesome to have a game like this now.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
It's roughly based on Revelation, but the creators have deliberately strayed far from the religiosity of the Bible. There are a lot of things that are different in the Darksiders world.

However, the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are Biblical... but well, there isn't too much about them. Honestly, many sects of Christianity don't even accept Revelation. Most historians dispute its inclusion in the Bible as well.

There are a few games out there that use different things from the Bible, but none of them actually had any work put into them.
Darksiders on the other hand is an amazing game and well thought out. It's getting all of it's information from the book of Revelations (my favorite book), and I just love that there is finally a good game out there that follows my beliefs. Though some things aren't exact as the Bible says, it's still awesome to have a game like this now.

Wow, I must play Darksiders now!

Darksiders is not really all that based on the bible...
It doesn't even have the same horsemen...

It's based on the events in the book of Revelations. It has the same horsemen, Death, War, Famine, and Conquest. They just renamed Famine and Conquest.

It's roughly based on Revelation, but the creators have deliberately strayed far from the religiosity of the Bible. There are a lot of things that are different in the Darksiders world.

However, the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are Biblical... but well, there isn't too much about them. Honestly, many sects of Christianity don't even accept Revelation. Most historians dispute its inclusion in the Bible as well.

I know there are many differences, for instance, the 7 seals are off, the last of the seals is not the horsemen.

And this is just based on it, because it's not like War actually gets blamed for starting an apocalypse early. Especially when it will only happen when God has decided.

I wholeheartedly believe Revelations. I've never heard of it not being accepted.

Last edited:
A game based on a part of the bible?!? Sign me up! Another game kind of based on christianity (not the bible necesarrily) is the Diablo games on PC, where you play as "good" guys overcoming and killing the devil, or "Satan" if you'd like to call him that. NOW i'm done with religious talk

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Religion is involved as a sort of way to ground the story in something that people are already aware of and recognize - not trying to make a religious statement. Obviously the allusions are intentional and purposeful, but again not to make any sort of religious statement, just to entertain. Same way with assassin's creed. If anything AC is blasphemous. The fiction is suggesting that:

the Vatican is controlled by a super secret organization that is out to control the minds of all humanity. And Eden and the story of the origin of man is actually a story of how Humanity got so far advanced that it collapsed on itself, and ended up in the stone age all over again.

I don't have a problem with this, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom