• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Finally! A Way to Deal with My Murderous Rage Constructively!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I know, weird title for a thread....

Anyway, your lovely neighborhood Shadsie got a couple of early Christmas presents - guess what they were? One starts with a "W" and ends with a "ii" and the other - you should know.

So, I've only so far explored Skyloft and made it to the Faron Woods. I've ridden my bird around and met the funky kitty-cat lemur thing. I've loved Zelda and lost her. I have met Fi.

By the way, maybe I should ask this in Game Help, but how do you catch bugs? I think I missed a lesson from someone. I keep seeing random insects I want to catch but don't know how...

Aside from footling around on in-store displays, unlike many of you, I've not played a Wii before, so the whole deal with the intuitive motion with the Motion Plus is new to me and...

OhMyGoodnesss The SWORD SWINGING! As said, I can deal with my violence in a non-violent, fun gaming manner! Wheee!

Working the sword alone is making this the most fun game I've ever played!

Pardon my excitement - Wii newbie here.

You need to buy a bug catching net from Beedle to catch bugs, or, for the ones in skyloft, the beetles, you can knock them off the wall and then run over them to collect them.

Night Owl

~Momentai
LOL :D

Anyway once you buy the bug net from Beedle you can catch bugs. I Don't remember if there was a tutorial or not for it.
Just sneak up on the bugs and swing so they get caught in the net. It is tougher than it sounds. (a couple species of beetle can be caught by roll attacking the wall or tree they are on, then walk on them.)
I hope this helps :)

Glad you could play SS, Shaddlez! :) There's no tutorial for using the net once you get it from Beedle, though I think the weird little kid in the plaza gives you some tips or something. I'm not sure though. The bug-catching is tricky until you practice though.

And yeah, I agree with you about the swordplay. It's really fun and very satisfying, and is one of the few games I've played where I just get pumped and have loads of fun killing stuff and fighting. As you said, allows you to deal with your violent impulses, and lets you feel like a bad***. :D For the record, motion controls to this level are new to MotionPlus, so really, aside from Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2, there aren't other games using it really, unless you count Wii Sports Resort. So we're as new to it as you are, probably. :)

Pinkfish11

Korean language student
The thing about motion controls for me is that I kind of freak out whenever I see certain enemys ( deku babas, beamos, and swarms of bogoblins to name a few). So I fail around and pop my wrist.... Hehe

A

Albo

as for tutorials once you've aquired the bug net, you can try pressing the 2 button to get hints about it or go to the gossip stone between the knight academy and the sparring hall. you're going to need a certain item to access Beedle's airship though which you recieve via stroy progression. once you get it though it shouldn't be long before you get comfortable with it. depending on the insect with some you can just walk or run up to them, aim the front of the net towards the bug/s and quickly sweep with the wiimote to catch. on the other hand you can run in like a lunatic and wave the net around in the hope of a bug somehow ending up in there which surprisingly works most of the time for me and sometimes results in me squishing the bugs.

The thing about motion controls for me is that I kind of freak out whenever I see certain enemys ( deku babas, beamos, and swarms of bogoblins to name a few). So I fail around and pop my wrist.... Hehe
Haha. I have stayed pretty calm while playing, but one time I legitimately freaked out was my first fight against a Staldra. I was about to die and I was like "Nyeh! NYEH!", flailing like a maniac. xP I have hurt my wrist as well, when I was trying to hurry and beat the game for the site and played for hours on end for three days.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Haha. I have stayed pretty calm while playing, but one time I legitimately freaked out was my first fight against a Staldra. I was about to die and I was like "Nyeh! NYEH!", flailing like a maniac. xP I have hurt my wrist as well, when I was trying to hurry and beat the game for the site and played for hours on end for three days.

Really? When I'm about to die is when I remain my calmest and keep my defenses on maximum. The moment I start flailing around is the moment I die, or so is my train of thought. (Yes, this happened with my first encounter with a Staldra.)

Really? When I'm about to die is when I remain my calmest and keep my defenses on maximum. The moment I start flailing around is the moment I die, or so is my train of thought. (Yes, this happened with my first encounter with a Staldra.)
That's usually true for me, too, but this would be the one time I legitimately panicked, and I got lucky because of it. I enjoyed it though, the game making me panic like that. Hero Mode's made me do it a little more, though I've kept my cool these times even if I was alarmed. :sweat:

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote

I swing the Wiimote like a maniac whenever I run into a big a** Chu Chu, especially if it's a yellow one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom