• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake for 3DS?

DLC

Soul Drummer.
No, stop squealing, it's not actually coming out, but it would be an incredibly cool possibility. especially because one thing which turned people off the game was the blocky graphics. Also, they could fix glitches and add stuff there, including an Easy mode, which gives more direction on where to go, etc.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'm not really sure where I stand when it comes to Final Fantasy VII getting a remake.

I think there's a few things that should be changed to make the game acceptable for this generation (other than the blocky graphics, of course). The ones I know of at the moment are:

-Translation: Square was using a (then new) translation program back then, which honestly wasn't very good. I don't know you, but I don't think this kind of thing would be seen with good eyes these days:

FFVII-4.jpg

I think that alone pretty much sums this point up.

-Pace: One thing the game did that was unusual was how cinematic it was for the time. It was the razzle-dazzle that blinded people from one sad fact: It was also incredibly slow. Just to clear up, the problem isn't the cutscenes, but the transition screen and the almost-3-second-long pan down shot that happens every time you get into a random battle. Being Final Fantasy, they happen every few steps, and it REALLY slows down the game's flow to the point of being a real annoyance to some, not to mention the famous supernova animation and all the limit breaks. Again, the problem is not with the cutscenes, but with the way the pace interrupts gameplay almost constantly. See for yourself in this video:

[video=youtube;__58RWZY0WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__58RWZY0WQ&feature=related[/video]

I guess those are the main issues to be adressed with a remake.

Last edited:
I heard that the creator of the Japanese only "Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis" wants to port it to the 3DS, but that's a mere rumor from what I can tell.
Anyway, this is highly unlikely to happen, but I love the game.
I'd appreciate it if they added a few FMVs with Vincent and Yuffie, since they didn't even make it into any in the original game.
Also, something I hated was that in order to get Omnislash and W-Summon, you had to spend 3 hours doing minigames and fighting increasingly unfair battles at the Gold Saucer. That should be fixed to a sidequest, considering Omnislash is the main character's most powerful (and most important) Limit Break.

Kirino

Tatakae
They already remade 1-4, so i'm pretty sure they would do 5 and 6 first. They probably will remake 5 or 6 on the 3DS. Or maybe both. I'm not so sure about 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom