• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fi and Ghirahim BOTH Swords?

bunny

birb overlord
If you are worried about spoilers, I advise you proceed with caution.

Have you ever noticed that Fi calls Link her master? Well, what is Ghirahim trying to do? Resurrect his master. I think that both Fi and Ghirahim are swords. It makes sense, if you've seen the new Skyward Sword official artwork, you can see that huge thing with the spikes is clearly The Imprisoned's humanoid form.

Ghirahim's master.jpg

(^^ The Imprisoned's humanoid form ^^)

If you look closely at the sword he's holding, it has a red diamond on it, and looks like a black corrupt Master Sword. Ghirahim has a red diamond on his belt, and in another one of the new official art pictures, his arms are black and it looks like he is cracking.

Ghirahim.jpg

(^^ Cracking Ghirahim Image ^^)

I think, while Link is turning the Goddess Sword into the Master Sword, Ghirahim is somehow upgraded as well.

What are your thoughts on this? I honestly find it all very interesting, and would love to hear all of your theories!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think it could be the case that Ghirahim is part of the new sword or at least will be absorbed into it, to power it up. Phi and ghirahim when shown together seem to both have their diamonds showing. I think this is deliberate and there is a connection.

bunny

birb overlord
What do you mean by "Fi and Ghirahim when together have their diamonds showing?" I thought Fi's diamond was always showing, do you mean they glow, or standout?

I'm just trying to make sure I understand your comment. :3

Phi is the spirit of the Skyward Sword, unlike Ghirahim she isn't a solid being. Phi is just the spirit of the blade and was always was while Ghirahim would have to go from being a solid, breathing, living organism to a sword. They aren't as relatable as you may think.

Also, as to why Phi calls Link her master, it is because he uses the blade of which she houses in; while Ghirahim would call The Imprisoned his master because, well, he serves under him?

I second this notion. On second thought Ghrahim does not become the "Anti-Master" sword. I do believe, however, Ghirahim will not survive the events of the story. My theory is that after Link's third encounter with Ghirahim, he is killed by his master.

bunny

birb overlord
I see.. Though I'm still stumped as to why both Fi and Ghirahim have diamonds on them, the Master Sword has a diamond at the same spot as the sword that the humanoid Imprisoned holds, and like up there, Ghirahim has a red diamond on his belt, and the 'corrupt' sword has a red diamond on it as well. Fi has a gold diamond on her shawl thing, and the Master Sword has a gold diamond on it.

I don't know, I just can't get over the visual clues, but your statement makes me think twice about my theory...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Also, as for Ghirahim's "cracking" marks, it looks more like corruption taking over his body. Think of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto's curse mark, it looks more like that then crack marks.

That is what I think too. It looks like it is taking him over and probably killing him. Like in Iron man 2 where Tony Stark has palladium poisoning. It also reminds me of possessed Zelda from TP.

S

Starchild

It could be an "Anti-Master Sword" if you look at the triforce in "Ghirahim's master" the triforce is twisted, or turned of whatever.

onilink17

onilink17
I don't think Ghirahim is a sword and this is why. It's been said that Ghirahim is trying to resurrect his master in order to gain his master's power for himself. Therefore if Ghirahim was some kind of a sword he couldn't officially gain anything. Thats a good point though and hey i could be wrong the game ain't out yet.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It could be possible that Ghirahim merges with his master's body, using The Imprisoned One's power to become bulkier and even transform his slim saber into the jagged blade this mysterious figure now wields.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Ghirahim as a sword does not sound sensible. His master may be causing him to crack and absorb the soul into the sword, but still, this is just speculation.

A diamond on Ghirahim's belt would just emphasize his affemenitism and/or love for the shape of diamonds/rhombuses.

Or diamonds are a recurring theme found throughout the entirety of the game, including on Zelda for that matter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom