• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite sounds in nature

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What is everyone's favourite sounds in nature? For me it has got to be rainfall and storms. The sound can be frightening to some but I personally find the combination of wind, rain and thunder to be very relaxing and can sleep really well to it.

I also enjoy the sound of waterfalls and fire although most of the time when I get to hear a roaring fire it is not technically a sound of nature as there is gasoline involved when I start one up. However these do occur naturally as well and I have to give a shoutout to the delightful sound.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Thunderstorms, any movement of the water in lakes (small waves, ripples, fish moving around), and the crunch of snow is all really nice and calming. I also like listening to birds; Some of them make beautiful sounds.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Thunderstorms, any movement of the water in lakes (small waves, ripples, fish moving around), and the crunch of snow is all really nice and calming. I also like listening to birds; Some of them make beautiful sounds.
Birds can be ok at certain times. However if I wake up and want to sleep and they are chirping away it is incredibly irritating and I find it almost impossible to sleep to them.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Birds can be ok at certain times. However if I wake up and want to sleep and they are chirping away it is incredibly irritating and I find it almost impossible to sleep to them.

That is true. Though I usually only have trouble sleeping if it's just one bird being really loud and obnoxious. If it's a group of birds, I have no problems falling asleep to their songs.

Rainfall and storms is way up there for me too, but I also love crickets chirping and the wind going through loads of trees.

I somehow forgot about crickets! I definitely have to agree with them, as well as the wind rustling through trees.

Bas

Best dude
Queefs during the act. It's not a nice sound, but funny as ****.

also soft wind in the trees during early summer

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Rain and thunderstorms. I also love to hear the wind blowing through the trees. Birds can be cool but during spring or summer I wish I could tie their mouths shut. And I live on the upper floor and of course they always use the part of the roof right above my bedroom to start to whistle and make noise. And on other cases they also use my balcony to start their own little wars with some other birds. Big bunch of bullies!

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As a hiker, and a generally very outdoorsy kind of person, I have to say that the wind gently blowing through the trees is one of the most soothing nature sounds I've heard. Next to the sound of waterfalls, and fire. I also like the sound of crickets, but I sometimes find them a bit annoying if I'm trying to fall asleep outside.

When I'm inside, I really like the sound of the rain on the ceiling. It annoys many people, but I find it quite relaxing. Usually, if it's raining, I open my bedroom window just a touch so I can hear the rain falling outside too.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Early morning noises while out camping is great, with all the kookaburras laughing and various animals (bonus when near the beach and can hear that too) making their fanfare.

I also love the sound of rain falling outside while snuggled up inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom